According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Containerized Data Center Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global containerized data center market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. A containerized data center is a shipping container that is set up to house IT equipment. It is a fully enclosed and integrated data center that works on the plug-and-play principle. It acts as a caching and data aggregation point between users and larger data centers to ease the overwhelming data traffic and IT loads. The data center can be configured to accommodate a different combination of servers, storage devices and networking gear. Containerized data center offers flexible power and cooling designs, quick deployment and scalable capacity. As a result, they find applications across various verticals such as telecom and IT, BFSI, healthcare, energy, education, and government sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Containerized Data Center Market Trends:
The global containerized data center market is primarily driven by the exponential growth in the number of data centers and the continual surge in demand for data storage. With the rapid growth of the IT industry, data center companies are also expanding their capacity by adopting the modular approach of containerized data centers. The construction of these data centers does not involve huge investments and lowers capital expenditures compared to brick-and-mortar facilities. They arealso deployed outdoors and in unused spaces due to their resistance to extreme weather conditions, allowing organizations to recoup valuable square footage in the building. Containerized data centers are known for their all-in-one design that provides high system integration and reliability.Besides this, manufacturers are focusing on developing new technologies, such as advanced cooling and power systems, that aim to deliver low power usage effectiveness (PUE) and reduce operating expenses. Moreover, the increasing adoption of cloud computing and the rising demand for scalable data center solutions are propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 25% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type of container, the market has been segmented into 20 ft, 40 ft, and customized containers.
- On the basis of the organization size, the market has been classified into small, midsize, and large organizations.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into greenfield, brownfield, and upgrade and consolidation.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been segregated into BFSI, IT and telecommunications, government, education, healthcare, defense, entertainment and media, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players beingCisco Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Eaton Corporation plc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., International Business Machines Corporation, Johnson Controls, Rittal GmbH & Co. KG (FriedhelmLoh Group), Schneider Electric SE and ZTE Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800