The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Contraceptive Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global contraceptive devices market size reached US$ 13.5 Billion in 2022. Contraceptive devices are tools or products designed to prevent pregnancy by either blocking the fertilization of an egg or creating a barrier between sperm and the egg. They offer individuals and couples numerous options for family planning and allow them to make informed choices about their reproductive health. There are various types of contraceptive devices available, such as female and male condoms, diaphragms, and cervical caps, which physically prevent sperm from reaching the egg and create a barrier that blocks the entry of sperm into the uterus. Hormonal methods use synthetic hormones to regulate a woman's menstrual cycle and prevent ovulation, such as birth control pills, contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, and contraceptive injections that release hormones that repress ovulation and thicken cervical mucus, making it difficult for sperm to reach the egg. Nowadays, contraceptive devices offer individuals and couples flexibility in choosing a method that suits their needs and lifestyle.
Global Contraceptive Devices Market Trends:
The contraceptive devices market is primarily driven by the rising incidences of unintended pregnancies. Additionally, the increasing population and the subsequent rise in the demand for effective and reliable birth control methods are contributing to market growth. Also, the escalating demand for contraceptive devices and products designed to prevent pregnancy by inhibiting or controlling the reproductive process is influencing market growth. Moreover, with the growing awareness regarding the importance of family planning and the need for population control, individuals and couples are actively seeking contraceptive solutions to exercise control over their reproductive choices representing another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, numerous advancements in contraceptive technology and the development of more convenient, efficient, and user-friendly contraceptive devices are accelerating the product adoption rate. Along with this, key players are investing in research and development (R&D) to introduce novel contraceptive solutions that offer improved efficacy, safety, and ease of use, propelling the market growth. In addition, the development of long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs), such as hormonal implants and intrauterine devices (IUDs), provides extended protection and minimizes the need for frequent intervention, and the integration of smart technologies and digital applications into contraceptive devices is also gaining traction, allowing better monitoring and control of contraception, propelling the market growth. Furthermore, several governments and healthcare organizations are implementing initiatives to promote family planning and make contraceptive devices more accessible and affordable, creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 19.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the device type, the market has been divided into condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps, sponges, vaginal rings, IUDs, and others. Condoms currently represent the most popular device type.
- On the basis of end user, the market has been bifurcated into male and female, wherein male exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online stores, and others. Amongst these, retail pharmacies accounts for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa. North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Allergan plc, Bayer AG, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., CooperSurgical Inc., Merck & Co., Mylan Inc., Pfizer Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and The Female Health Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Device Type, End User, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Allergan plc, Bayer AG, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., CooperSurgical Inc., Merck & Co., Mylan Inc., Pfizer Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and The Female Health Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800