The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Copper Foil Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global copper foil market reached a value of US$ 5.24 Billion in 2021. Copper foil is a thin sheet produced by the deposition of copper particles from a solution onto a rotating titanium drum. It is obtained by electrodeposition, which allows the copper to be formed into extremely thin sheets. Copper foil is usually utilized in printed circuit boards (PCBs) to be installed in telecommunications equipment such as PCs and mobile phones. It also finds application as a substrate for coating anode materials in Li-ion batteries. Copper foils provide high electric conductivity and are also ductile and malleable. The material is increasingly used in stained glass, EMI/RFI shielding, arts and craft, motors, labels, batteries, plasma displays, and electronics.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Copper Foil Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising demand for mobile devices, laptops, tablets, and computers that utilize the internet. The availability of cheap data plans, increased bandwidth and improved 5G infrastructure is also fueling the market growth. Factors such as rapid urbanization are increasing the need for electronics, including washing machines, ovens and refrigerators, that are lightweight and offer advanced functions. Besides this, governments across various countries are extensively investing in decreasing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from internal combustion engines (ICE), which has increased the popularity of electric vehicles (EVs) among consumers. This has led to increased utilization of high-end copper foils for lithium-ion batteries. Besides this, copper foils are widely used in decorative materials, such as gold signs, tile mosaic, and handicrafts, which is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, several leading players are focusing on product differentiation by improving the surface properties of the copper foil, developing new surface treatment coatings, and achieving smaller thickness and weight for numerous applications, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 8.09 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.10% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into rolled and electrodeposited copper foil.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into printed circuit boards, batteries, electromagnetic shielding, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the end use industry into aerospace and defense, automotive, building and construction, electrical and electronics, industrial equipment, medical, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Carl Schlenk AG, Chang Chun Group, Furukawa Electric Corporation Limited, ILJIN Materials Corporation Limited, JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation (ENEOS Holdings Inc.), LS Mtron Corporation Limited, Mitsui Mining & Smelting Corporation Limited, Nippon Denkai Limited, Rogers Corporation, SKC Corporation Limited, Sumitomo Metal Mining Corporation Limited, Targray Technology International Inc., and UACJ Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.