According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cosmetic Surgery Market by Procedure (Surgical Procedures, Non-surgical Procedures), Gender (Female, Male), Age Group (13 To 29, 30 To 54, 55 and Above), End User (Ambulatory Surgical Facility, Hospitals and Clinics, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global cosmetic surgery market size reached US$ 72.94 Billion in 2022. Cosmetic surgery, also referred to as aesthetic surgery, constitutes a specialized medical field dedicated to enhancing an individual's appearance through surgical interventions. Its primary focus lies in the alteration or rejuvenation of specific facial, bodily, or combined features to attain the desired aesthetic results. The advantages of cosmetic surgery encompass the capacity to elevate self-confidence and self-esteem by addressing perceived imperfections or signs of aging. Patients typically report an improved body image and enhanced mental well-being, resulting in a more optimistic life perspective. Moreover, certain procedures offer functional advantages, such as enhanced breathing following rhinoplasty (nose surgery) or the alleviation of physical discomfort resulting from the removal of excess skin post significant weight loss. Currently, cosmetic surgery comprises a variety of procedure categories, including facial, bodily, and breast-related interventions.
Global Cosmetic Surgery Market Trends:
The global cosmetic surgery market has experienced considerable growth in recent years, driven by the escalating emphasis on appearance and self-improvement in modern society, pushing many towards cosmetic enhancements. Moreover, technological advancements have led to the development of safer and more efficient surgical procedures, which is favoring the market growth. This is further facilitated by the growing geriatric population worldwide. Besides this, accessibility and affordability have improved, with many nations experiencing a rise in medical tourism for cosmetic procedures, further propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing influence of social media and celebrity culture has compelled many individuals to achieve looks popularized by influencers, which is boosting the market growth. Additionally, surging awareness campaigns and marketing by cosmetic surgery providers and burgeoning per capita income are stimulating the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 136.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 11.13% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the procedure, the market has been segmented into surgical procedures (breast augmentation, liposuction, eyelid surgery, abdominoplasty, rhinoplasty, and others) and non-surgical procedures (botulinum toxin, hyaluronic acid, hair removal, nonsurgical fat reduction, photo rejuvenation, and other). Currently, surgical procedures dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the gender, the market has been bifurcated into female and male. According to the report, female represents the largest segment.
- Based on the age group, the market has been divided into 13 To 29, 30 To 54, and 55 and above. Currently, 30 to 54 dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into ambulatory surgical facility, hospitals and clinics, and others. According to the report, hospitals and clinics represent the largest segment.
- Based on the region, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AbbVie Inc., Alma Laser [Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co. Ltd], Cutera Inc., Cynosure LLC, Genesis Biosystems Inc., Long Island Plastic Surgical Group PC, Lumenis Inc (Boston Scientific Corporation), Sientra Inc., Sinclair Pharmaceuticals Limited, Solta Medical (Bausch Health Companies Inc.), Syneron Candela, and Teoxane Laboratories.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Surgical Procedures: Breast Augmentation, Liposuction, Eyelid Surgery, Abdominoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Others
- Non-surgical Procedures: Botulinum Toxin, Hyaluronic Acid, Hair Removal, Nonsurgical Fat Reduction, Photo Rejuvenation, Others
|Age Groups Covered
||13 To 29, 30 To 54, 55 and Above
|End Users Covered
||Ambulatory Surgical Facility, Hospitals and Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc., Alma Laser [Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co. Ltd], Cutera Inc., Cynosure LLC, Genesis Biosystems Inc., Long Island Plastic Surgical Group PC, Lumenis Inc (Boston Scientific Corporation), Sientra Inc., Sinclair Pharmaceuticals Limited, Solta Medical (Bausch Health Companies Inc.), Syneron Candela, Teoxane Laboratories, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800