According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global COVID-19 sample collection kits market witnessed moderate growth during 2015-2020. COVID-19 sample collection kits are in-vitro diagnostic medical devices that collect biological samples to detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The kit helps in determining whether a novel coronavirus infection is active in the body or not. Manufacturers must follow standard procedures and guidelines to produce COVID-19 sample collection and transport kits that are reliable with the recommended configurations, in accordance with the guidelines provided by health organizations.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global COVID-19 Sample Collection Kits Market Trends:
The sudden and rapid outbreak of COVID-19 across the globe represents one of the key factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the declaration of COVID-19 as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO), coupled with the high mortality rate associated with it, has escalated the urgent need for a quick and accurate diagnosis of the virus in the human body in order to implement the required medical care. Furthermore, governments of various nations are launching numerous initiatives to provide citizens with sample collection kits at an affordable price, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The introduction of a 3D printed nasal swab prototype for commercial use by researchers and the growing availability of swabs in different configurations for advanced infection detection are some of the other factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of around 4% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into swabs, viral transport media, blood collection kits and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Becton Dickinson and Company, COPAN Diagnostics, Formlabs, Hardy Diagnostics, HiMedia Laboratories, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Lucence Health Inc., Medline Industries Inc., Puritan Medical Products, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and VIRCELL S.L.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- On the basis of the site of collection, the market has been classified into hospitals and clinics and home tests.
- According to the application, the market has been classified into diagnostic and research.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal