As per the latest report by IMARC Group titled, "Culinary Tourism Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2024-2032," the global culinary tourism market reached a value of US$ 946.4 Billion in 2023. Culinary tourism refers to the form of travel that involves visiting new or tourist locations to learn more about the local culture through food and authentic dishes. It is closely related to heritage and culture that involves various activities, including culinary trails, food festivals, cooking classes, guided food trips, and farm weekends. Moreover, culinary tourism is gaining traction as it escalates the demand for regional foods and beverages, rises social and cultural awareness, strengthens the bond between people and food, and generates fond memories for the tourists.
Global Culinary Tourism Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing tourism and hospitality industries across the globe. In addition, the growing influence of social media platforms is contributing to the market growth as food and travel bloggers are getting more involved in culinary tourism activities. Besides this, owing to the hectic schedules and busy lifestyles, individuals prefer to visit private, serene, and exotic locations with a strong food culture to break the monotony and gain authentic experiences. Moreover, the availability of convenient and budget-friendly traveling and accommodation facilities are positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the market is highly favored by various technological advancements, including the emergence of artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, and big data solutions to monitor consumers' preferences. Furthermore, the implementation of beneficial government policies promoting culinary tourism and rising expenditure capacities of the consumers are some of the other factors anticipated to propel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3515.1 Billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 15.2% during 2024-2032.
- On the basis of the activity type, the market has been classified into culinary trails, cooking classes, restaurants, food festivals and events, and others.
- Based on the tour type, the market has been bifurcated into domestic and international.
- The market has been segmented based on the age group into baby boomers, generation X, generation Y, and generation Z.
- Based on the mode of booking, the market has been segregated into online travel agents, traditional agents and direct booking.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Abercrombie & Kent Group of Companies S.A., Butterfield and Robinson Inc., Classic Journeys LLC, G Adventures, Gourmet on Tour Ltd., Greaves Travel L.L.C., International Culinary Tours, ITC Travel Group Limited, The Ftc4Lobe Group, Topdeck Travel Limited, and Tourradar.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal