The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “DC Power Supplies Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global DC power supplies market size reached US$ 400 Million in 2020. Direct current (DC) power supplies are devices or embedded circuits that obtain energy from a power input and convert it into power output. They offer stabilized power supply to electronic modules, repeatable power on and off with minimal input-related problems and higher accuracy in readbacks, thereby eliminating the need for external meters, shunts and switching calibration. Nowadays, DC power supplies are available in switching and linear variants. Moreover, DC power supplies are employed for testing electronic devices across a wide variety of industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global DC Power Supplies Market Trends:
The global DC power supplies market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for consumer electronics such as laptops, smartphones and tablets, which are integrated with energy-efficient power supplies. Besides this, the emerging trend of industrial automation is also propelling the market growth as DC power supplies are utilized for power batteries, fuel cells, DC-DC converters, onboard chargers, and AC-DC charging stations. They are also increasingly used in wireless communication and infrastructure, especially in developed countries, such as the US and Canada. Furthermore, the integration of electronic devices with the Internet of Things (IoT) and improvements in the information technology (IT) infrastructure are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, technological advancements have prompted manufacturers to introduce single and dual output power supplies that provide more usable power and bench-friendly designs. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies.
- On the basis of the output power, the market has been classified into low output (less than 10 kW), medium output (10-100 kW), and high output (above 100 kW).
- The market has been categorized based on the application into military, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, telecommunication, healthcare, consumer electronics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Acopian Technical Company, Ametek Inc., B&K Precision Corporation, Chroma ATE Inc., Good Will Instrument Co. Ltd., Keysight Technologies Inc., Magna-Power Electronics Inc., MEAN WELL Enterprises Co. Ltd., Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG, TDK Corporation, and Tektronix Inc. (Fortive Corporation).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal