According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Defoaming Coating Additives Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global defoaming coating additives market is expected to reach a CAGR of 6.2% during 2023-2028. Defoaming coating additives are essential ingredients in a paint formulation that assist in avoiding foam formation and stabilization in waterborne and solvent-borne paints. These additives decline or prevent foam formation in industrial liquids, such as inks, paints, construction products, and adhesives. Foaming during the manufacturing and processing of coatings, printing inks, and plastics is undesirable as it can cause pitting, foaming, and defects in coatings, decreasing efficiency and quality. Defoaming coating additives are air-releasing agents that prevent the formation of foam bubbles and destroy them. Adding these additives breaks up the foam formed and helps lower the VOC emissions. It possesses exceptional features, such as excellent dispersion stability, increased stain resistance, and enhanced gloss.
Global Defoaming Coating Additives Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing product demand in the construction and automotive industries. This can be attributed to the numerous benefits offered by additives, including reduced volatile organic compound emissions, cost-effectiveness, and recyclability. In line with this, the multifaceted usage of water-based additives across industry verticals is significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, heavy investments in infrastructure development activities due to the rapidly growing population and their subsequent demand for the expansion of the residential and commercial sectors are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the escalating focus of the governments to control emissions is leading to a considerable rise in research and development activities in an endeavor to develop environmentally friendly coating solutions. This, in turn, is expected to catalyze the market. Moreover, the rising production and sales of automobiles and an increasing demand for architectural coatings further propel the market. Additionally, the shifting preference of consumers towards water-based defoaming formulations rather than solvent-based formulations is anticipated to provide a boost to the market.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into water-based systems (silicone, emulsion, polymer, powder, and others) and solvent-based systems (polymer and silicone).
- Based on the function, the market has been classified into foam breaking, foam suppressing, and deaerating.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segmented into building and construction, automotive, wood and furniture, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Altana AG, Arkema S.A., Ashland Global, BASF SE, Clariant AG, Dow Inc., Elementis PLC, Elkem ASA (China National Bluestar (Group) Co. Ltd.), Evonik Industries AG, Kemira Oyj, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Solvay S.A. and Wacker Chemie AG.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Function, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Altana AG, Arkema S.A., Ashland Global, BASF SE, Clariant AG, Dow Inc., Elementis PLC, Elkem ASA (China National Bluestar (Group) Co. Ltd.), Evonik Industries AG, Kemira Oyj, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Solvay S.A. and Wacker Chemie AG.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800