According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Dental 3D Printing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global dental 3D printing market reached a value of US$ 2.15 Billion in 2021. Dental 3D printing refers to the method of designing dental structures. It involves the utilization of computer-aided design (CAD) software that assists in designing objects in a virtual environment. It comprises lasers and lights that work by fusing powder or polymerizing liquid using computer-guided precision to enable the fabrication of dental items with intricate details. Some of the common dental models include aligners, braces, dentures, dental implants, bridges and surgical guides. The widespread usage of dental 3D printing provides accuracy, minimizes the chance of inherent defects and offers superior esthetics in a convenient manner.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Dental 3D Printing Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for dental prosthetics among the masses. This is supported by the growing prevalence of tooth-related diseases due to unhealthy eating habits and rising alcohol consumption. Besides this, the widespread awareness regarding dental hygiene and the increasing popularity of cosmetic dentistry are providing a boost to the market growth. In line with this, the preference for maintaining an aesthetic appearance among individuals and continual technological advancements in 3D printing technology are further propelling the growth of the market. Additionally, the rising investments by private and public agencies to upgrade the existing healthcare infrastructure, along with the augmenting adoption of dental 3D printing systems across healthcare settings, are creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including the increasing geriatric population, inflating disposable income levels of the masses, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.92 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.70% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into metals, photopolymers, ceramics and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into VAT photopolymerization, polyjet technology, fused deposition modelling, selective laser sintering and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into prosthodontics, orthodontics and implantology.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been categorized into dental laboratories, dental hospitals and clinics, and dental academic and research institutes.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.?Some of these players include 3D Systems Inc., Carbon Inc., EnvisionTEC (Desktop Metal Inc.), EOS GmbH, FormLabs Inc., Institut Straumann AG, Prodways Group, Rapid Shape GmbH, Renishaw plc, Roland DG Corporation, SLM Solutions Group AG and Stratasys Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800