According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dental 3D Printing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global dental 3D printing market size reached US$ 2.60 Billion in 2022. Dental 3D printing is a technology that involves using specialized 3D printers to create dental products, prosthetics, and models. It has transformed the field of dentistry by allowing for precise and customized fabrication of dental components, which include dental crowns, bridges, dentures, orthodontic appliances, and surgical guides. It can be processed with a digital scan of teeth or oral anatomy of patients, which is then used to create a digital model and uses various materials, such as biocompatible resins or ceramics, to build the final dental product layer by layer.
Global Dental 3D Printing Market Trends:
Increasing cases of oral health problems, including tooth decay, periodontal diseases, and dental caries, on account of a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy dietary patterns represent one of the major factors driving the demand for dental 3D printing around the world. Moreover, the rising awareness among individuals about the importance of maintaining regular oral hygiene is favoring the growth of the market. In addition, the growing preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) due to their associated benefits are influencing the market positively. Apart from this, the increasing adoption of dental 3D printing in dental implants that supports surgeons in accurately developing surgical maps for individual patients is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the rising preference for personalized dental solutions is catalyzing the use of dental 3D printing to craft patient-specific prosthetics and orthodontic devices. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.58 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 12.58% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into metals, photopolymers, ceramics, and others.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been segregated into vat photopolymerization, polyjet technology, fused deposition modelling, selective laser sintering, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into prosthodontics, orthodontics, and implantology. At present, orthodontics dominates the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into dental laboratories, dental hospitals and clinics, and dental academic and research institutes. Dental laboratories currently account for the biggest share in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3D Systems Inc., Carbon Inc., EnvisionTEC (Desktop Metal Inc.), EOS GmbH, FormLabs Inc., Institut Straumann AG, Prodways Group, Rapid Shape GmbH, Renishaw plc, Roland DG Corporation, SLM Solutions Group AG, and Stratasys Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Material, Technology, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3D Systems Inc., Carbon Inc., EnvisionTEC (Desktop Metal Inc.), EOS GmbH, FormLabs Inc., Institut Straumann AG, Prodways Group, Rapid Shape GmbH, Renishaw plc, Roland DG Corporation, SLM Solutions Group AG and Stratasys Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800