The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dental Cement Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global dental cement market size reached US$ 523.7 Million in 2021. Dental cement is a binding substance manufactured using materials and composite resins, such as zinc phosphate, zinc oxide, polycarboxylate, glass ionomer cement (GIC), ceramics, and gold alloys. It exhibits unique properties, including non-irritant, leakproof, high tensile strength, chemical and thermal resistance, and low thickness. It hardens from viscous to solid state to bond devices and prostheses to tooth surfaces. It is widely used for temporary restoration of teeth, filling gaps in natural teeth, cavity linings, sedation, insulation, and cementing crowns and prosthodontics temporarily or permanently. As a result, dental cement finds extensive applications as a base, liner, filling material, and adhesive across dental clinics, hospitals, and healthcare centers.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Dental Cement Market Trends:
The rising incidences of dental problems, such as tooth decay, cavity, misalignment, and gaps between teeth, represent the primary factors driving the market growth. This can be attributed to the aging population, poor oral hygiene, changing dietary habits, and shifting lifestyle preferences. Additionally, governments of various countries are taking favorable initiatives to spread awareness regarding the importance of oral health and regular dental checkups. In line with this, the widespread usage of zinc phosphate cement for fixing inlays, crowns, bridges, and orthodontic appliances has propelled the market growth. Besides this, the surging popularity of cosmetic dental procedures has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are developing innovative product variants, such as fiber and metal reinforced, inorganic polymeric oxide, and nanoparticle-based cement, that are biocompatible and safe for children. Along with this, extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce different types of dental cement that meet diverse patient needs have catalyzed the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing number of dental restorations, surging health consciousness, inflating consumer expenditure capacities, improving healthcare infrastructure, and technological advancements, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 823.2 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 8% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into temporary and permanent cement.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into glass ionomer, zinc oxide eugenol, zinc phosphate, polycarboxylate, composite resin, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the application into pulpal protection, luting, restorations, and surgical dressing.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, dental clinics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, BISCO Inc., Dentsply Sirona Inc., DETAX GmbH & Co. KG, DMG Chemisch-Pharmazeutische Fabrik GmbH, FGM Dental Group, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Kerr Corporation (Danaher Corporation), Medental International Inc., Prime Dental Products Pvt Ltd, SDI Limited, Shofu Dental India Pvt. Ltd., and The Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800