The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Dicyclopentadiene Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global dicyclopentadiene market size reached US$ 782.1 Million in 2022. Dicyclopentadiene is a flammable, colorless chemical compound with a camphor-like odor. It is the dimer of cyclopentadiene produced through the steam cracking of various petroleum products, such as crude oil, naphtha, and gas oils. It is also widely used to produce cyclic olefin, poly dicyclopentadiene (DCPC), inks, paints, unsaturated polyester resins (UPR), hydrocarbon resins, ethylene, and adhesives. In addition, it is utilized to manufacture pipes, sanitary ware, construction equipment, industrial containers, pesticides, and flame retardants. Owing to these properties, dicyclopentadiene finds extensive application across automotive, marine, construction, and electronics industries.
Global Dicyclopentadiene Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding automotive industry. Dicyclopentadiene is widely used to produce flame-resistant automotive components, such as spoilers, bumpers, body panels, and fenders. In addition, the rising adoption of unsaturated polyester resins (UPRs) for manufacturing chemical and erosion-resistant electrical components represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, key players are developing environment-friendly bio-based ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) manufactured using plant-based and durable materials to minimize carbon emissions. This, coupled with the increasing product utilization in the construction industry to manufacture bathroom electricals, bathtubs, and swimming pools, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the surging usage of plastic products across various sectors and the widespread adoption of dicyclopentadiene as an industrial catalyst and solvent are other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,054.0 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been segregated into DCPD UPR grade, DCPD resin grade, and DCPD high purity.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into unsaturated polyester resin, hydrocarbon resins, ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) elastomers, cyclic olefin copolymer (COC), and cyclin olefin polymer (COP), poly-DCPD, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into building and construction, automotive, marine, electrical and electronic, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Cymetech Corporation (Sojitz Corporation), Dow Inc., KH Chemicals, Kolon Industries Inc., LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Merck KGaA, NOVA Chemicals Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell plc, Shandong Qilong Chemical Co.Ltd., Texmark Chemicals Inc. (Chemical Exchange Industries Inc.), Yeochun NCC Co. Ltd. (Hanwha Group) and ZEON Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Cymetech Corporation (Sojitz Corporation), Dow Inc., KH Chemicals, Kolon Industries Inc., LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Merck KGaA, NOVA Chemicals Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell plc, Shandong Qilong Chemical Co.Ltd., Texmark Chemicals Inc. (Chemical Exchange Industries Inc.), Yeochun NCC Co. Ltd. (Hanwha Group) and ZEON Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800