According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dietary Fiber Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global dietary fiber market is experiencing stable growth. Dietary fiber is a kind of complex carbohydrate that is essentially indigestible by the human body. These fibers are widely found in various edible products, including nuts, lentils, grains, cereals, fruits, dried peas and vegetables. A majority of these sources comprise a combination of soluble and insoluble fibers in appropriate amounts that assists in boosting the functions of the digestive system. Regular consumption of these fibers aids in reducing the chances of heart attacks, controlling sugar levels and maintaining an appropriate weight. Owing to these health benefits, consumers across the globe are widely incorporating dietary fibers in their daily diet.
Global Dietary Fiber Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing consumer preference toward maintaining a healthy lifestyle. An increase in the prevalence of various lifestyle diseases, such as hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs), on account of lack of physical activities and shifting dietary preferences, has resulted in the growing health-consciousness among the masses. Consequently, they are now increasingly incorporating fibrous foods into their diets while maintaining a proactive lifestyle, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the rising popularity of vegan food due to its higher nutritional value is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, enhanced preference for fiber fortification of processed food products is also anticipated to provide a stimulus to the market growth. Several regulatory bodies, such as the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), are also undertaking initiatives and awareness campaigns to promote proper intake of dietary fibers to reduce the chances of developing disorders related to nutritional deficiencies. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 12% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into soluble (inulin, pectin, polydextrose, beta-glucan and others) and insoluble dietary fibers (cellulose, hemicellulose, chitin & chitosan, lignin, fiber/bran, resistant starch and others). Amongst these, insoluble dietary fibers exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the source, the market has been divided into fruits and vegetables, cereals and grains, legumes, and nuts and seeds. Currently, fruits and vegetables account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into functional foods and beverages, pharmaceuticals, animal feed and others. At present, functional foods and beverages represent the leading application segment.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others), and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, Chile, Peru and others). Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill, Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., FutureCeuticals, Grain Processing Corporation, Ingredion Incorporated, Kerry Group plc, Lonza Group Ltd., Nexira, Roquette Frères, Südzucker AG, and Tate & Lyle PLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331