According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Digital Holography Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global digital holography market reached a value of US$ 3.1 Billion in 2021. Digital holography is a technique that is used to record and provide whole field information of a wavefront diffracted from an object. It uses a laser beam to illuminate the object and create its image by using the principle of diffraction. It also utilizes a video camera to record the hologram produced by the interference of the reference wave and the originating wave. It is then transmitted to a digital device for its three-dimensional (3D) reconstruction. This technique enables fast 3D imaging of microscopic specimen with flexible, easy to use and cost-effective systems. Consequently, it is extensively utilized across numerous industry verticals, including advertising, education, art, design, medical sciences and marketing.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Digital Holography Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing application of digital holography in the healthcare sector. Digital holography is widely utilized by healthcare professionals for virtually performing minute colonoscopies, which has eliminated the need for physical and non-invasive testing procedures. This technology is also commonly used for biomedical research to provide 3D holograms of cells and organs. Moreover, since digital holography offers the convenience of distribution, monitoring and accountability, the financial sector is utilizing this technology for securing the perimeters of banks and investment and insurance companies. Additionally, it is also being used in the retail industry, owing to the increasing demand for holographic displays during events and advertisements. Furthermore, the adoption of DSLR cameras for 3D imaging is also expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Since a larger size of the bidimensional image sensor for recording the digital hologram is crucial to ensure high quality of the final reconstructed image, DSLRs are widely replacing traditional cameras as they offer a lower cost per effective pixel over a large sensing area. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of
19.6% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the technology type, the market has been divided into Gabor’s (in-line) holography, off-axis holography and others.
- On the basis of the component type, the market has been bifurcated into hardware (CCD camera, laser, micro-display, beam splitter, mirror and others) and software.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into digital holographic displays, digital holographic microscopy, holographic television and telepresence, and others.
- On the basis of the vertical, the market has been classified into automotive, medical, aerospace and defense, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied, with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Lyncée Tec, EON Reality, Inc., HoloTech Switzerland AG, RealView Imaging Ltd., Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA, Holoxica Ltd, Geola Digital UAB, zSpace, Inc., Jasper Display Corporation, and Leia Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal