The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Digital Map Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global digital map market reached a value of US$ 4.7 Billion in 2022. A digital map is an electronic map based on a combination of graphic elements processed into digital cartographic data. The creation of a high-quality digital map requires cartographic skills and resources, along with the know-how and experience in the field of geoinformatics. A digital map is dynamic, which helps individuals view the previous versions of the represented area, unlike paper maps. Digital maps are also more accurate, scalable, up-to-date and interactive than printed maps. As a result, they are widely used in smart parking, location, traffic and congestion intelligence, navigation, and logistics management.
Global Digital Map Market Trends:
Digital maps are increasingly being utilized in the construction and engineering sectors to help construction engineers implement adequate safety measures in buildings and visualize territorial data for efficient infrastructural planning. Besides this, the rapid adoption of 3D platforms for surveying and digital mapmaking is contributing to the market. These 3D maps are made using high-quality geographic data, which helps create 3D visualizations, run simulations, and develop dynamic location-based experiences and games to enhance the customer experience. Apart from this, with the rising penetration of smartphones and other portable devices, users are relying more on mapping applications such as Google Maps and City mapper for locations and directions or searching restaurants, banks, ATMs, or gas stations. This has escalated the demand for digital maps across the globe. Moreover, the leading companies are offering traffic updates, roadblocks, updated places of interest, landmarks, and others in their maps, which makes them more user-friendly. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into GIS, LiDAR, digital orthophotography, aerial photography and others.
- On the basis of the usage, the market has been bifurcated into indoor and outdoor segments.
- The market has been categorized based on the solution into software and services segments.
- On the basis of the deployment mode, the market has been classified into cloud-based and on-premises.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into real-time location data management, geocoding and geopositioning, routing and navigation, asset tracking and others.
- The market has been segmented on the basis of the end use industry into automotive, engineering and construction, logistics and transportation, energy and utilities, military, aerospace and defense, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Australia, South Korea and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Apple Inc., Collins Bartholomew, Digital Map Products Inc. (LightBox), Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc., Getmapping, Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), HERE Technologies, MAPQUEST INC. (America Online), Maxar Technologies, Nearmap, ThinkGeo LLC and TomTom International B.V.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Usage, Solution, Deployment Mode, Application, End-Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Apple Inc., Collins Bartholomew, Digital Map Products Inc. (LightBox), Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc., Getmapping, Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), HERE Technologies, MAPQUEST INC. (America Online), Maxar Technologies, Nearmap, ThinkGeo LLC and TomTom International B.V.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800