According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Digital Printing Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global digital printing packaging market size reached US$ 21.0 Billion in 2022. Digital printing packaging is a modern printing technology that allows high quality printing of different designs and graphics on different variants of packaging material, such as paper, plastic, and metal. It uses electronic control laser and inkjet printers that transfer images from a computer directly onto the packaging material without the need for printing plates. It offers enhanced printing efficiency, higher quality, and cost effectiveness and involves the use of various technologies as compared to traditional printing methods.
Global Digital Printing Packaging Market Trends:
Digital printing packaging is employed in the food and beverage (F&B) industry for the printing of food safety information, such as an allergen or nutritional data. This, coupled with the increasing demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) food products on account of hectic lifestyles and the expanding purchasing power of individuals, represents one of the key factors accelerating the market growth around the world. Moreover, there is a rise in the adoption of digital printing packaging in different industry verticals on account of its numerous advantages, such as producing short print runs economically, which help reduce waste and the adverse impact on the environment. This, along with the growing demand for sustainable packaging solutions due to the increasing environmental consciousness, is influencing the market positively. In addition, the rising use of digital printing packaging in the pharmaceutical industry for printing drug names, dosages, expiry dates, and safety warnings is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing utilization of digital printing packaging on cosmetics and personal care products, such as deodorants, creams, hair wax, perfumes, and moisturizers, is creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 32.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the printing inks, the market has been segmented into solvent-based, UV-based, and aqueous. Presently, solvent-based holds the largest market share.
- Based on the packaging type, the market has been classified into corrugated packaging, folding cartons, flexible packaging, labels, and others.
- On the basis of the format, the market has been categorized into full color printing, variable data printing, large format printing, and others. Variable data printing currently accounted for the biggest market share.
- Based on the printing technology, the market has been segmented into inkjet, electrography, and others printing. Inkjet printing currently represented the biggest market segment.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, electronics, personal care and cosmetics, and others.
- Region wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include DS Smith plc, Eastman Kodak Company, EC Labels Ltd., Edwards Label, Hewlett-Packard Development Company L.P., INX International Ink Co. (Sakata Inx Corporation), Mondi plc, Quad, Thimm Holding Gmbh & Co. Kg, Traco Manufacturing Inc., Xeikon B.V. (Flint Group), and Xerox Holdings Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Printing Inks, Packaging Type, Format, Printing Technology, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||DS Smith plc, Eastman Kodak Company, EC Labels Ltd., Edwards Label, Hewlett-Packard Development Company L.P., INX International Ink Co. (Sakata Inx Corporation), Mondi plc, Quad, Thimm Holding Gmbh & Co. Kg, Traco Manufacturing Inc., Xeikon B.V. (Flint Group), Xerox Holdings Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800