According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Disconnect Switch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global disconnect switch market size reached US$ 13.2 Billion in 2020. A disconnect switch is a component of an electric circuit that is used for isolating the electric current from its power source to perform repair and maintenance. Some of the common types of disconnectors include center-break, double-break, pantograph, vertical, and horizontal disconnectors. They trip the power flow to enable emergency shutdowns and offer the possibility of switching to alternate power sources. Disconnect switches consist of an enclosure, actuator, and wired electrical contacts that provide protection against contacting live circuits. These switches are widely used in power distribution and industrial applications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Disconnect Switch Market Trends:
The global disconnect switch market is majorly being driven by the expanding distribution and transmission networks. Moreover, an increasing number of infrastructural projects is contributing to the escalating demand for disconnect switches in emerging economies. Along with this, the widespread adoption of low-voltage disconnectors and non-contact safety switches across the transportation, railway, aviation, power generation, and telecommunication industries is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, the use of disconnect switches in assembly lines, industrial power systems, conveyor systems, and material handling units for minimizing occupational hazards is further catalyzing the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 16.9 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into fused and non-fused. At present, the non-fused segment dominates the market.
- On the basis of the mount, the market has been classified into the panel, DIN rail, and others.
- Based on the voltage, the market has been divided into low, medium, and high.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into industrial, residential, and commercial.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa. Currently, Asia Pacific holds the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd., CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited (Avantha Group), Eaton Corporation Plc, General Electric Company, Havells India Limited, Littelfuse Inc., Mersen, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft and Socomec Group S.A.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800