The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Disposable Medical Sensors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global disposable medical sensors market reached a value of US$ 7.31 Billion in 2021. Disposable medical sensors are single-use, handheld, or portable scanning devices used to monitor and diagnose patients. They continuously detect and transmit information regarding vital signs, such as oxygen levels, heart rate, pulse rate, blood pressure, and temperature, in the form of electrical signals. These devices are cost-effective, convenient to use, and also prevent the risk of infections. Owing to these properties, disposable medical sensors are widely used for various radiological, cardiological, neurological, ophthalmological, and urological procedures.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Disposable Medical Sensors Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, asthma, and heart stroke. In addition, various technological advancements, such as the development of carbon nanotube-based biosensors, aid in detecting different pathogens, which are further contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the leading manufacturers are integrating micro-technologies, such as medical Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), lab-on-a-chip, and microfluidic chips systems, to provide enhanced precision in diagnostics. This, coupled with the rising adoption of at-home and point-of-care (PoC) diagnostic devices to monitor elderly and post-operative rehabilitation patients, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the rising incidences of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), the increasing expenditure capacities of individuals, and significant developments in the healthcare infrastructures across developing economies are some of the other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 12.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.0% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into biosensors, temperature, pressure, image, accelerometers and patient position, and other sensors.
- On the basis of the placement type, the market has been categorized into wearable, implantable, ingestible, invasive, and strip sensors.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into patient monitoring (continuous blood pressure monitoring, implantable loop recorder, cardiac monitoring electrode, pulse oximeter, smart pill, continuous blood glucose monitoring (CGM), and others), diagnostics (capsule endoscopes, HIV test strip sensors, pregnancy test strip sensors, drug and alcohol test strip sensors, and blood glucose test strip sensors), and therapeutics (insulin pump sensors, cardiac therapeutic electrode sensors, and cardiac catheter sensors).
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals, home care, clinics, and diagnostic laboratories.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Amphenol Corporation, Conmed Corporation, Gentag Inc., Honeywell International Inc., nuova Personaldienstleistung GmbH, Omnivision Technologies Inc., Sensirion Holding AG, Smiths Group plc, Starboard Medical Inc., TE Connectivity Ltd., and Vital Connect Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal