IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) market size reached US$ 508.2 Million in 2021. Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) is a photonic sensing technology that enables continuous and real-time measurements of acoustic interactions along the entire length of a fiber optic cable. It relies on optical fiber to detect acoustic signals over large distances and in harsh environments, unlike traditional sensors that employ additional transducers and discrete sensors measuring at pre-determined points. It is widely used to monitor vibrations generated by hot-tapping pipelines, leaks, and failing mechanical components in industrial operations to accurately locate the site of vibrations or defects. It is also utilized to analyze traffic speed and density, identify potential road disruptions and detect traffic jams. Since it offers real-time actionable data and dedicated expertise, DAS is gaining immense traction across the transportation, utilities, and oil and gas industries.
Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) Market Trends:
The surging need for transport networking in major cities to monitor the transport network situation and transmit information to citizens via mobile applications represents the primary factor driving the market growth. This is further supported by the escalating demand for traffic monitoring due to a significant expansion in the vehicle fleet. Additionally, there has been widespread product adoption across the oil and gas sector for borehole seismic imaging, fracture profiling, and continuous monitoring of pipelines, production, and oil wells. In line with this, the increasing usage of DAS to detect leaks and external threats, such as third-party interference (TPI), has augmented product demand. Furthermore, the growing need for real-time intrusion detection and monitoring has accelerated product adoption in the military and defense industries for enhanced border surveillance. Along with this, the rising utilization of DAS in the energy and power sectors for efficient transmission and distribution has propelled market growth. Besides this, recent advancements in fiber optic systems to improve their overall reliability and durability have spurred market growth. Other factors, including the increasing product adoption in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) for high-bandwidth telecommunications, along with the rapid growth in the transportation industry and ongoing technological innovations, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 953.1 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.2% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the component, the market has been categorized into hardware, software, and services.
- On the basis of the fiber type, the market has been bifurcated into single- and multi-mode fibers.
- The market has been segmented based on the end use industry into oil and gas, defense, infrastructure, transportation, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Baker Hughes Company, Bandweaver, Halliburton Energy Services, Inc., Hifi Engineering Inc., Future Fibre Technologies Limited, Fotech Group Ltd., Omnisens SA, OptaSense Ltd (Luna Innovations Incorporated), Schlumberger Limited, Silixa Ltd., and Ziebel.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800