According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global distributed acoustic sensing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% during 2022-2027. Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) refers to a photonic sensing technology that detects vibrations and converts standard communications fiber into a linear array of discrete vibration sensors. These systems utilize fiber optic cables to measure acoustic interactions and provide distributed strain sensing. They do not involve the use of discrete sensors and additional transducers for locating the site of vibrations or defects accurately. Consequently, DAS systems are widely used for providing real-time actionable data and dedicated expertise across the transport, utilities, and oil and gas industries. They aid in monitoring the vibrations generated by hot-tapping pipelines and failing mechanical components during industrial operations. They are also employed to detect traffic jams, analyze traffic speed and density, and identify certain transportation disruptions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing need for traffic monitoring across the globe. With a considerable rise in the vehicle fleet, there has been an escalating requirement for transport networking in major cities to monitor the transport network situation and transmit the same to the citizens through mobile applications. This, consequently, has provided a boost to the uptake of DAS systems in the transportation industry. Moreover, these systems are extensively utilized for providing borehole seismic imaging, fracture profiling and production monitoring across the oil and gas sector. They are also employed to sense physical changes in objects over long distances to detect leaks and external threats, such as third-party interference (TPI). The market is further driven by the advancements in fiber optic systems to enhance their overall reliability and durability. The development of improved quantitative data analysis systems that aim to offer higher processing speeds for data interpretation is also acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the increasing application of DAS systems in energy and power sectors for efficient transmission and distribution and in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) for high-bandwidth telecommunications.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been divided into hardware, software and services.
- Based on the fiber type, the market has been bifurcated into single-mode and multi-mode fibers.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been classified into oil and gas, defense, infrastructure, transportation and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Baker Hughes Company, Bandweaver, Halliburton Energy Services, Inc., Hifi Engineering Inc., Future Fibre Technologies, Fotech Group Ltd., Omnisens SA, OptaSense, Schlumberger Limited, Silixa Ltd and Ziebel.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800