The latest report by IMARC Group, entitled “DNA Sequencing Products Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global DNA sequencing products market size reached US$ 5.01 Billion in 2020. DNA sequencing refers to a set of technologies and techniques used for validating the precise order of nucleotides in a DNA molecule. These techniques find the sequence of the four DNA bases, namely cytosine, thymine, adenine, and guanine. DNA sequencing plays a crucial role in mapping out the human genome, due to which it is widely applied in the pharmaceutical industry. It is also utilized in various research applications, such as forensic sciences, species discovery, hereditary disease detection, agrigenomics, and phylogenetic analysis.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global DNA Sequencing Products Market Trend:
The growth of the global DNA sequencing products market is primarily attributed to the rising use of genome mapping and sequencing of microorganisms in agriculture and livestock production. The identification of specific bacteria genes improves crop production and enhances the quality of meat products. Moreover, DNA sequencing in the in-vitro diagnostics market has created opportunities for pharmaceutical companies to develop medicine and offer specific treatments to individual patients. Additionally, rapid advancements in bioinformatics and sequencing technology have enabled faster sequencing with higher accuracy, which is propelling the market growth. Widescale research and development (R&D) in the application of whole-genome sequencing (WGS) and next-generation sequencing (NGS) in clinical diagnosis has attracted numerous investors, which is supporting the market growth further. Looking forward, the market value is projected to cross US$ 9.48 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.2% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into consumables and reagents, and equipment. Currently, consumables and reagents account for the majority of the market share.
- On the basis of the application, biomarkers represent the leading segment, followed by diagnostics, reproductive health, personalized medicine, and forensics.
- The market has also been segregated on the basis of the end use into academic and government research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and hospitals and clinics. At present, DNA sequencing is majorly utilized in academic and government research institutes.
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the leading position in the market. This can be accredited to the growing geriatric population, prevalence of several chronic diseases and the presence of prominent drug manufacturers in the region. North America is followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Illumina Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. and Beckman Coulter, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal