According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Docking Station Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global docking station market grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. A docking station is an electronic hardware device that allows portable computers to connect with common peripherals. Also known as a universal port replicator, it can be used to convert a laptop into a desktop computer when required while eliminating the need for supplementary adapters and units. It is also utilized for enabling the use of other devices, such as smartphones and hard drives, in commercial or residential settings without the requirement of additional cables. Apart from this, the station also consists of numerous slots for mobile phone charging, storage devices, and other peripheral devices, such as printers and monitors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Docking Station Market:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing utilization of portable devices for personal and commercial purposes. Along with this, numerous corporate organizations are widely employing docking stations in their workspaces to save office space by making them clutter-free. This is further supported by the increasing digitization across the corporate sector and the escalating number of devices required by employees. Furthermore, the rising trend of Bring-Your-Own-Devices (BYOD) and travel stations for rotating employees are expected to facilitate the uptake of these stations. These devices offer multi-functional properties to users, such as audio input and output and Ethernet connectivity, while minimizing the challenges associated with connectivity and multiple cables, which has contributed to their widespread adoption. Apart from this, technological advancements have led to the development of innovative product variants with multiple connectivity and high-speed data transfer capabilities that are widely gaining preference among end users. Key players, such as Dell Technologies, Inc., are now integrating docking systems with the WiGig technology to offer unparalleled convenience and seamless connectivity, thereby serving as an ideal solution for classrooms or meeting rooms. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into laptops, smartphones and tablets, hard drives and other docking stations.
- Based on technology, the market has been bifurcated into wired and wireless docks.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into commercial and residential sectors.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into offline and online platforms.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Acco Brands Corporation, Acer Inc., Apple Inc., ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Dell Technologies, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, HP Development Company, L.P., International Business Machines Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Sony Corporation, StarTech.com Ltd., Targus International LLC and Toshiba Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800