According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Dosimeter Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global dosimeter market reached a value of US$ 2.8 Billion in 2022. A dosimeter refers to a scientific device that is utilized for measuring the exposure level of ionizing radiation. It provides a reproducible and quantitative measurement of absorbed dose through a change in the physical properties of the device in response to exposure to beta, gamma and high-energy X-ray radiations. It is extensively used by workers who operate fluoroscopy units, x-ray machines or certain unsealed and sealed radioisotopes. Since exposure to high levels of radiation can damage the DNA cells and may cause acute radiation syndrome (ARS) or cutaneous radiation injuries (CRI), this is providing a boost to the demand for dosimeters across the globe.
Global Dosimeter Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the escalating adoption of radiation-based technology. This can be attributed to the rising utilization of radioactive materials across various sectors, including industrial, healthcare and defense. In line with this, the increasing prominence of radiation therapies due to the growing prevalence of chronic diseases among individuals is creating a positive market outlook. Moreover, the continuous expansion of industrial and nuclear energy facilities is catalyzing the demand for dosimeters across the globe. Along with this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players in the field of medical research are impacting the market growth favorably. Furthermore, numerous leading players are heavily investing in launching portable and cost-effective dosimeters, which are gaining widespread prominence across the globe. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, continual technological advancements and the widespread product adoption for the monitoring of radiation from computers, smartphones and tablets, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.65% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into electronic personal dosimeter (EPD), thermoluminescent dosimeter (TLD), optically stimulated luminescence dosimeter (OSL), film badge dosimeter and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into active and passive.
- On the basis of the end-use industry, the market has been categorized into healthcare, oil and gas, mining, manufacturing and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include ATOMTEX, Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., IBA Worldwide, Landauer Inc. (Fortive), Ludlum Measurements Inc., Mirion Technologies Inc., Polimaster Inc., Radiation Detection Company, S.E. International Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tracerco (Johnson Matthey) and Unfors RaySafe AB (Fluke Biomedical LLC).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Application, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ATOMTEX, Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., IBA Worldwide, Landauer Inc. (Fortive), Ludlum Measurements Inc., Mirion Technologies Inc., Polimaster Inc., Radiation Detection Company, S.E. International Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tracerco (Johnson Matthey) and Unfors RaySafe AB (Fluke Biomedical LLC)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800