According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Double Suction Pump Market by Type (Vertically Split, Horizontally Split), Material Type (Cast Iron, Steel, Polymer and Composite), End Use (Power Generation, Water and Wastewater Treatment, Industrial, Irrigation, Marine, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global double suction pump market size reached US$ 21.92 Billion in 2022. A double suction pump is an industrial tool that helps deliver a balanced flow of liquids. This pump type draws fluid simultaneously from both sides of the impeller, minimizing axial thrust and ensuring smooth operation. As a result, it is widely used across numerous fluid handling and industrial processes, revered for its efficiency and versatility. The product's design enhances hydraulic performance and reduces wear and tear, thereby prolonging the pump's lifespan. Double suction pumps find application in diverse sectors, including water supply networks, irrigation systems, and large-scale industrial processes. Their ability to handle high flow rates and maintain stable pressure makes them reliable for systems requiring consistent fluid movement and optimal performance.
Global Double Suction Pump Market Trends:
The surging demand for efficient water management solutions, especially in urban and agricultural settings, is primarily fueling the adoption of double-suction pumps across the globe. These pumps play a pivotal role in large-scale water distribution networks, where maintaining adequate pressure and flow rate is critical to meet the demands of growing populations and expanding industries. Additionally, the industrial sector's increasing reliance on double-suction pumps, particularly in applications requiring the movement of corrosive or abrasive fluids, is creating a positive outlook for market expansion. In line with this, their robust design and ability to handle a wide range of fluid viscosities and temperatures position them as indispensable components in processes such as chemical manufacturing, mining, and power generation, thus strengthening the market. Moreover, the rising focus on energy efficiency across industries is prompting the introduction of double suction pumps with enhanced hydraulic designs with minimal energy consumption and operational costs, which, in turn, presents remunerative opportunities for the market. Concurrent with this, the global emphasis on renewable energy sources also propels the demand for double suction pumps as they are used in water conveyance systems within hydroelectric plants, ensuring efficient water transfer to turbines for power generation. Furthermore, ongoing advancements in pump materials and design are enabling the handling of more demanding fluids, expanding the market's horizons across specialized sectors such as oil and gas, where complex fluids demand precise and reliable pumping solutions. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 28.72 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.51% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into vertically split and horizontally split double suction pumps. Between these, horizontally split double suction pumps represented the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been segregated into cast iron, steel, and polymer and composite. Currently, cast iron accounts for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the end use, the market is categorized into power generation, water and wastewater treatment, industrial, irrigation, marine, and others. Presently, water and wastewater treatment holds the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America represents the largest market for double suction pumps.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Buffalo Pumps Inc. (Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation), Flowserve Corporation, Habermann Aurum Pumpen GmbH, Hayward Tyler Ltd., Hunan Credo Pump. Co. Ltd., ITT Inc., KSB SE & Co. KGaA, Neptuno Pumps Ltda, Sulzer Ltd., Torishima Pump Mfg. Co. Ltd., Sintech Precision Products Ltd., Xylem Inc., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Material Type, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Buffalo Pumps Inc. (Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation), Flowserve Corporation, Habermann Aurum Pumpen GmbH, Hayward Tyler Ltd., Hunan Credo Pump. Co. Ltd., ITT Inc., KSB SE & Co. KGaA, Neptuno Pumps Ltda, Sulzer Ltd., Torishima Pump Mfg. Co. Ltd., Sintech Precision Products Ltd., Xylem Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800