The global double suction pump market size reached US$ 21.92 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 28.72 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.51% during 2023-2028. The growing global population, increasing demand for pure water supply, and the rising demand for efficient energy supply are some of the major factors driving the market.
A double suction pump is a centrifugal pump that is used to increase the flow rate at a constant speed. It has a spiral casing wherein water can enter through both sides of the impeller to maintain the hydraulic balance. It offers higher efficiency and lower maintenance as compared to single-suction pumps due to the reduced axial force. It assists in providing water supply for industrial, domestic, and agricultural purposes. It is used in wastewater treatment plants for the desalination of brackish water and in hydropower plants for electricity generation. Besides this, double suction pump finds extensive applications in flood-prone regions for water control purposes.
At present, the increasing population around the world and the expanding industrial activities are driving the demand for pure water for various industrial, domestic, and agricultural applications. This, coupled with the expansion of wastewater treatment plants due to the rising water pollution level, is catalyzing the demand for double suction pumps across the globe. Continuous financing of water pollution prevention programs and campaigns and the implementation of various initiatives by government bodies, private companies, and non-government organizations (NGOs) are offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing number of desalination plants, especially in regions wherein there is a scarcity of potable water, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to the leading market players. Furthermore, the growing need for high-yield of crop production and considerable development in the agriculture sector are driving the demand for double suction pumps and advanced agricultural equipment. Additionally, the increasing establishment of hydropower plants in various countries to meet the rising need for electricity is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the widespread adoption of double suction centrifugal pumps in the marine industry for a proper operational and compatible cooling water supply is propelling the market growth. Turbine ships are equipped with large boiler plants and correspondingly large condensers. Moreover, the easy availability of a wide range of double suction pump variants at affordable rates across offline and online distribution channels is supporting the market growth. Several companies are focusing on growing organically and consequently engaged in product approvals and launches, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global double suction pump market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, material type, and end use.
- Vertically Split
- Horizontally Split
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the double suction pump market based on the type. This includes vertically split and horizontally split double suction pumps. According to the report, horizontally split double suction pumps represented the largest segment.
Material Type Insights:
- Cast Iron
- Polymer and Composite
A detailed breakup and analysis of the double suction pump market based on the material type has also been provided in the report. This includes cast iron, steel, and polymer and composite. According to the report, cast iron accounted for the largest market share.
End Use Insights:
- Power Generation
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
A detailed breakup and analysis of the double suction pump market based on the end use has also been provided in the report. This includes power generation, water and wastewater treatment, industrial, irrigation, marine, and others. According to the report, water and wastewater treatment accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for double suction pumps. Some of the factors driving the North America market included the growing population, rising industrial activities, a considerable consumption of water and electricity, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global double suction pump market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Buffalo Pumps Inc. (Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation), Flowserve Corporation, Habermann Aurum Pumpen GmbH, Hayward Tyler Ltd., Hunan Credo Pump. Co. Ltd., ITT Inc., KSB SE & Co. KGaA, Neptuno Pumps Ltda, Sulzer Ltd., Torishima Pump Mfg. Co. Ltd., Sintech Precision Products Ltd., Xylem Inc., etc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Material Type, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Buffalo Pumps Inc. (Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation), Flowserve Corporation, Habermann Aurum Pumpen GmbH, Hayward Tyler Ltd., Hunan Credo Pump. Co. Ltd., ITT Inc., KSB SE & Co. KGaA, Neptuno Pumps Ltda, Sulzer Ltd., Torishima Pump Mfg. Co. Ltd., Sintech Precision Products Ltd., Xylem Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global double suction pump market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global double suction pump market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive double suction pump markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end use?
- What is the competitive structure of the global double suction pump market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global double suction pump market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the double suction pump market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global double suction pump market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the double suction pump industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.