The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Drone Package Delivery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global drone package delivery market reached a value of US$ 904 Million in 2021. Drone package delivery refers to the use of an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to transport food, packages, medical supplies, and goods. It is utilized for distributing packages to consumers during the last mile delivery process. The drone contains 4 to 8 propellers, rechargeable batteries, and can carry lightweight containers. It can also be operated autonomously with the help of artificial intelligence (AI) technology or remotely through distribution centers and operators that oversee the flight. Nowadays, drone package delivery solutions are gaining traction as they offer lower cost, higher operational efficiency, new revenue streams, instant fulfillment, reduced congestion in roadways, and lower emissions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Drone Package Delivery Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing utilization of drone package delivery across diverse sectors such as e-commerce, food service, retail, logistics, and healthcare. Besides this, the rise in the usage of the internet of things (IoT) in drone delivery systems and the growing demand for faster delivery is fueling the growth of the market. Furthermore, with the rising consciousness regarding air pollution from vehicle emissions, there has been an increasing need for carbon emission-free transport solutions. This has resulted in the escalating demand for drone package delivery systems. Apart from this, various companies operating in the logistics and transportation, retail, and agriculture sectors are integrating drone delivery in their business models, which facilitates the smooth and successful execution of the delivery. For instance, Amazon and Dominos make use of drone packaging delivery services to deliver products hassle-free to their consumers. In addition, the rapid spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has increased the deployment of drones for transportation of a wide range of medical equipment, cargo, and parcels as a way of emphasizing contactless delivery and adhering to social distancing norms. Moreover, several technological innovations, such as cloud computing, are positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.42% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the solution, the market has been segmented into service, platform, infrastructure, and software.
- On the basis of the duration, the market has been bifurcated into short duration (<30 minutes) and long duration (>30 minutes).
- The market has been categorized based on the range into short range (<25 kilometers) and long range (>25 kilometers).
- On the basis of the capacity, the market has been segregated into <2, 2-5, and >5 kilograms.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into rotary wing, fixed wing, and hybrid.
- The market has been segmented based on the end-use industry into e-commerce, healthcare, food and beverages, postal services, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and others), and other regions.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Amazon Inc., Airbus S.A.S., DHL International GmBH (Deutsche Post AG), Drone Delivery Canada Corp., Flirtey, Flytrex Inc., Matternet Inc., Rakuten Group, Inc., Skycart Inc., United Parcel Service of America Inc., Workhorse Group Inc., and Zipline.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800