IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Drug Abuse Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global drug abuse testing market size reached US$ 6.6 Billion in 2022. A drug abuse test is a non-invasive analysis of biological samples, including blood, hair, and urine, to detect the presence of illegal, prescription drugs or their metabolites. Drug abuse is the intentional use of illegal substances or the excessive use of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and prescribed psychoactive or performance-enhancing substances. Drug abuse testing helps identify infants and children at risk of exposure to illegal drugs and manage cases of acute mental state and seizure in the emergency room. Currently, it finds extensive applications in sports organizations, employers, and forensic purposes across the globe.
Global Drug Abuse Testing Market Trends:
The rising drug production and consumption represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Additionally, the increasing number of individuals consuming alcohol and illicit drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, and opioids, is positively influencing market growth. Moreover, drugs such as opiates, cannabinoids, cocaine, alcohol, diazepam, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), barbiturates, amphetamines, and ketamine are abused for their psychological impact, non-therapeutic and medicinal uses, along with other purposes, such as weight loss and enhancing athletic performance. In line with this, the rising drug dependence and substance use disorder has catalyzed market growth. Besides this, drug abuse can pose severe risks to health and safety and lower the morale and productivity of individuals. As a result, the escalating demand for drug abuse testing for employee and job applicant screening to ensure a safe workplace is propelling the market growth. Apart from this, the rising demand for urine drug testing due to rapid expansion in pain management and opioid dependency clinics is another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, several key players are launching automated testing and analysis for drug abuse and at-home use kits for instant drug abuse tests, thereby contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including increasing mortality due to drugs, the emerging e-commerce industry, technological advancements in drug screening or testing devices, and stringent government policies mandating drug screening, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 9.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.9% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into analyzers (immunoassays analyzers, chromatographic devices, and breath analyzers), rapid testing devices (urine and oral fluid testing devices), consumables, and laboratory services.
- On the basis of the sample, the market has been segregated into urine, oral fluid (saliva), hair, breath, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the end user into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, forensic laboratories, workplaces, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Omega Laboratories Inc., Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Siemens AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and United States Drug Testing Laboratories Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Sample, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Omega Laboratories Inc., Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Siemens AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and United States Drug Testing Laboratories Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800