According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Drug-Eluting Stents Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global drug-eluting stents market reached a value of US$ 7.8 Billion in 2022. Drug-eluting stents refer to coronary or peripheral tools that are widely used in the treatment of blockage of heart arteries. These stents are generally placed within the coronary or peripheral artery by an interventional radiologist or cardiologist during an angioplasty procedure. They are small mesh tubes that are generally manufactured using metal or polymers and coated with slow-release medication that is inserted into an artery for preventing the formation of scar tissues in arterial walls. As a result, they ensure adequate blood flow to the body while minimizing the chance of restenosis.
Global Drug-Eluting Stents Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of coronary heart diseases among the masses. This is supported by the sedentary lifestyle patterns and unhealthy dietary habits of individuals. Since drug-eluting stents are minimally invasive in nature, facilitate fast vessel healing and reduce the need for prolonged dual antiplatelet therapy, this is providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, continual product innovations, such as the utilization of antiproliferative drugs in the stent in order to reduce the chance of in-stent restenosis, are gaining widespread prominence. In line with this, the introduction of drug-eluting stents manufactured using bioabsorbable polymers due to an enhanced focus on sustainable development is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, increasing investments by private and public agencies in upgrading the existing healthcare infrastructure are also propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the rising geriatric population, the growing healthcare expenditure, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 11.4 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 6.31% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the coating, the market has been bifurcated into polymer-based and polymer-free coatings.
- Based on the drug, the market has been segmented into sirolimus, paclitaxel, zotarolimus, everolimus, biolimus and others.
- On the basis of the stent platform, the market has been segregated into stainless-steel, cobalt-chromium, platinum-chromium, nitinol and others.
- Based on the generation, the market has been classified into 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into coronary and peripheral artery diseases.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.Some of the key players are Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biosensors International Group Ltd., Biotronik, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardinal Health Inc., Cook Medical LLC (Cook Group Incorporated), Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd., Medtronic plc, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Sino Medical Sciences Technology Inc. and Terumo Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA – Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800