According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Dry Beans Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global dry beans market grew at a CAGR of 5% during 2014-2019. Dry beans belong to the family of legumes that consist of navy, pinto, red kidney, black and great northern beans. Usually characterized by an oval or kidney shape, they are either dry-packaged in sealed bags or available in rehydrated and pre-cooked forms in cans. They are a rich source of essential micronutrients that include folate, iron, zinc, potassium and magnesium. These legumes are an important protein source in vegetarian diets and contain high concentrations of resistant starch, as well as total and soluble fiber. As a result, their consumption is widely associated with boosting immunity, improving digestion, controlling cholesterol levels, maintaining optimal blood sugar levels and lowering the risk of heart diseases.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Dry Beans Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing consciousness among the masses regarding the benefits of a protein-rich diet. In line with this, the shifting consumer preference from meat-based proteins to plant-based counterparts is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the abundant availability of dry beans, owing to large-scale cultivation, is facilitating their uptake among the masses. Moreover, animal proteins are widely associated with high cholesterol levels that increase the risks of obesity, cardiac diseases and high blood sugar levels. Growing awareness regarding the adverse health effects of excessive meat consumption has facilitated the adoption of vegetarian protein sources, such as dry beans. The emerging trend of veganism is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Also, the rising demand for semi-cooked, frozen and ready-to-eat dry bean cans and packets, along with the hectic schedules of individuals and inflating disposable income levels, is driving the market further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the bean type, the market has been divided into pinto, black, navy, red kidney, great northern and other kinds of beans.
- Based on the packaging type, the market has been classified into plastic bags, cans, jars and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, departmental stores, convenience stores and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into households, restaurants and hotels, flour industry, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Israel and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include 21st Century Bean, Kelley Bean Co., Hayes Food Products Inc., Goya Foods Inc., Colin Ingrédients, Harmony House Foods, Inc., Eden Foods, Inc., Ruchi Foods, and Garlico Industries Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal