According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global dynamic random access memory (DRAM) market size reached US$ 106.68 Billion in 2022. Dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) is used in computing devices like personal computers (PCs). It consists of storage cells, which are typically organized in a rectangular configuration. It is dynamic in nature and requires a new electric charge every few milliseconds to compensate for charge leaks from the capacitor. It stores every bit of data in a separate passive electronic system that is inside an integrated circuit board. It allows PC processors to access any part of the memory directly instead of having to proceed sequentially from the starting place.
Global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for DRAM due to the rising utilization of PCs for personal and official tasks represents one of the primary factors impelling the growth of the market. Besides this, the rising traction of the Internet of Things (IoT)-infused semi-autonomous vehicles, which partly control vehicle operations and make real-time decisions, is contributing to the growth of the market. In addition, the growing dependence on artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and big data to automate various operations is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing demand for educational and gaming notebooks, along with rising practices of cryptocurrency mining, is propelling the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 231.94 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 13.50% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into synchronous DRAM, burst extended data, output extended data, output asynchronous DRAM, and fast page mode. Synchronous DRAM currently dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into DDR4, DDR3, DDR5/GDDR5, and DDR2. At present, DDR4 represents the biggest market share.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segregated into IT and telecommunication, defense and aerospace, media and entertainment, medical and healthcare, and consumer electronics. Presently, consumer electronics exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ATP Electronics Inc. (Orient Semiconductor Electronics Ltd.), Etron Technology Inc., Integrated Silicon Solution Inc., Kingston Technology Corporation, Micron Technology Inc., Nanya Technology Corporation, Powerchip Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, SK Hynix Inc., Transcend Information Inc., and Winbond Electronics Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Synchronous DRAM, Burst Extended Data, Output Extended Data, Output Asynchronous DRAM, Fast Page Mode
||DDR4, DDR3, DDR5/GDDR5, DDR2
|End Users Covered
||IT and Telecommunication, Defense and Aerospace, Media and Entertainment, Medical and Healthcare, Consumer Electronics
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ATP Electronics Inc. (Orient Semiconductor Electronics Ltd.), Etron Technology Inc., Integrated Silicon Solution Inc., Kingston Technology Corporation, Micron Technology Inc., Nanya Technology Corporation, Powerchip Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, SK Hynix Inc., Transcend Information Inc., Winbond Electronics Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800