The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “E-Beam Wafer Inspection System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” finds that the global e-beam wafer inspection system market size reached US$ 468 Million in 2019. An electron or e-beam wafer inspection system is designed to detect and report the smallest defects in structures that other platforms cannot routinely capture. In this system, an electron beam is irradiated onto the surface of the wafer, and the emitted secondary electrons and backscattered electrons are detected. It is used for localizing defects or abnormalities on the surface of the semiconductor wafer for fabricating integrated circuits (ICs). Nowadays, e-beam wafer inspection technology is gaining momentum as it has become challenging to discover minute defects at advanced nodes using traditional methods in critical areas of the fab production.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global E-Beam Wafer Inspection System Market Trends:
The yield-limiting defects in semiconductor wafers need to be identified at the early stage in the manufacturing flow to ensure profitability and production efficiency. As a result, wafer defect inspection has emerged as a crucial step in the semiconductor manufacturing process. This technique is widely used for manufacturing consumer electronics and compact gadgets such as smartphones, laptops and tablets. Besides this, with rapid digitalization and the evolution of the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies, the e-beam wafer inspection systems are employing deep learning algorithms. They discriminate key digital object identifiers (DOIs) from pattern and process noise, enabling the capture and classification of critical defects during the research and development (R&D) process. Moreover, multi-beam e-beam inspection has replaced optical inspection as it helps reduce the cost assessment for each node. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to exhibit strong growth during the next five years (2020-2025).
- Based on the resolution, the market has been segregated into less than 1nm, 1nm to 10nm and more than 10 nm.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into defect imagining, lithographic qualification, bare wafer OQC/IQC, wafer dispositioning, reticle quality inspection and inspector recipe optimization.
- The market has been segmented based on the end use into communication devices, consumer electronic equipment, automotive parts and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Aerotech Inc., Applied Materials Inc., ASML Holding N.V., Hitachi Ltd., KLA Corporation, Lam Research Corporation, Nanotronics Imaging Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Qualcomm Incorporated), Renesas Electronics Corporation, Synopsys Inc., Taiwan Semiconductor and Teledyne Technologies.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800