According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "E-Book Reader Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global e-book reader market size reached US$ 9.80 Billion in 2020. E-book readers refer to the portable electronic devices that are utilized for downloading, storing and reading the electronic versions of books, newspapers, periodicals and magazines. They can store a large number of e-books with their extended storage capacity and are widely available in the market in various screen sizes. These devices consume minimal power that allows them to operate for long hours without the need for constant charging. They are characterized by monochrome displays that employ e-ink technology that further assists in reducing the strain caused on the reader’s eyes. These readers are widely preferred by the masses due to their portability and the enhanced convenience associated with their use.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global E-Book Reader Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing adoption of e-book readers from the education sector. There has been a paradigm shift to e-learning models in the sector that has provided a boost to the demand for digital education and subsequently, connected devices and e-book readers, on the global level. This is supported by the continual digital advancements across educational institutes, availability of high-speed internet connectivity, inflating disposable income levels of the masses and the increasing availability of free e-books on the internet. The market is further driven by the advancements in battery technology that aims at increasing battery longevity and make the reading process hassle-free for the users. Numerous e-book readers are now being equipped with an offline dictionary, foreign language learning solutions, and color-adjustable front light. They are also being upgraded to support audiobooks and cloud services to manage their library in an efficient manner, thereby gaining widespread prominence among the masses. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the increasing demand for digitalized comic books and webtoons, along with the growing awareness regarding saving paper. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.21% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the screen type, the market has been bifurcated into e-ink and LCD screens.
- Based on the screen size, the market has been classified into below 6 inch, 6-8 inch, 8-10 inch, and above 10 inch.
- On the basis of the connectivity type, the market has been categorized into wi-fi, 3g/4g and wi-fi, and 3g/4g.
- Based on the pricing, the market has been divided into low, medium and high prices.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into students, professionals and others.
- Based on the distribution, the market has been bifurcated into store based (supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores and others) and non-store based.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Aluratekn Inc., Amazon.com: Inc., Apple Inc., Barnes & Noble, Inc., Blurb, Inc, SAS BOOKEEN, Ectaco Inc, PocketBook International SA, Rakuten Kobo Inc., and Sony Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800