The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “E-Book Reader Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global e-book reader market size reached US$ 396.5 Million in 2021. An e-book reader, also known as an e-reader, is a mobile electronic device used primarily to read digital e-books and periodicals. It has a monochrome display, also known as electronic paper and e-ink display, which is less strenuous for the eyes, glare-free, and can be easily viewed in sunlight. In addition, it is designed to operate for long hours while consuming minimal power. E-books can also store an extensive collection of books and other publications. Owing to these properties, they are widely adopted by students, adults, and professionals across the globe for reading purposes.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global E-book Reader Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rapid digital advancement in the education sector and the rising adoption of e-learning in the curriculum to improve the personal learning experience of students. In addition, students, especially in universities, are shifting from conventional books to e-books to enhance their overall reading experience. This is escalating the demand for e-book readers as they provide free e-books and allow readers to search for keywords and add notes and hyperlinks. Besides this, the introduction of advanced e-book readers with innovative features is also contributing to the market growth. Nowadays, various key players are offering additional features, such as foreign language learning, an offline dictionary, navigation buttons, access to a cloud for managing purchased books, color-adjustable front lights, and extended audiobook storage to strengthen their foothold in the market. Furthermore, the increasing penetration of high-speed internet and the changing lifestyles and inflating income levels of consumers are also creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 204.7 Million by 2027.
- Based on the screen type, the market has been bifurcated into e-ink and LCD screens.
- On the basis of the screen size, the market has been segregated into below 6 inches, 6-8 inches, 8-10 inches, and above 10 inches.
- Based on the connectivity type, the market has been classified into Wi-Fi, 3G/4G and Wi-Fi, and 3G/4G.
- On the basis of the pricing, the market has been categorized into low, medium, and high prices.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into students, professionals, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution, the market has been segregated into store-based (supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, and others) and non-store based.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Aluratek, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Apple Inc., Barnes & Noble, Inc., Blurb, Inc, SAS BOOKEEN, Ectaco Inc, PocketBook International SA, Rakuten Kobo Inc., and Sony Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800