According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “E-Learning Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global e-learning market size reached US$ 222.2 Billion in 2020. Also known as online and electronic learning, e-learning is a learning system wherein education or training is acquired with the help of networked information and communications technology (ICT). It offers personalization and information in text, image, audio and video format for easy understanding. As compared to the conventional learning methods, e-learning is cost-effective as it removes geographical obstacles and enables students to select their learning duration, material, and environment. On account of these benefits, e-learning finds extensive application in the healthcare, agriculture, education and training industries across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global E-Learning Market Trends:
The increasing utilization of wireless communication technologies, coupled with the rising sales of smartphones across the globe, represents one of the key factors favorably influencing the market. In line with this, the rising use of mobile applications by educational institutions and universities during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide students access to missed lectures is contributing to the growth of the e-learning market. The leading developers are also introducing game-based applications that utilize interactive animated videos and pictures for learning purposes. Moreover, the integration of assistive e-learning solutions with sensing technologies and speech recognition is propelling the market. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of e-learning solutions in virtual classrooms, online training and corporate webinars is anticipated to fuel the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 461.2 Billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 12.70% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been segmented into online e-learning, learning management systems, mobile e-learning, rapid e-learning, virtual classroom and others.
- Based on the provider, content holds the largest market share, followed by services.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into academic (K-12, higher education and vocational training), corporate (small and medium and large enterprises) and government. At present, the academic segment accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Adobe Inc., Aptara Inc., Blackboard Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., GP Strategies Corporation, Thoma Bravo, LLC, Oracle Corporation, Pearson plc, SAP SE, Skillsoft Corporation and Thomson Reuters Holdings Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
USA: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800