The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “E-Waste Management Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global e-waste management market size reached US$ 54.78 Billion in 2021. E-waste, also known as electronic waste, is generated from the disposed and discarded electrical and electronic equipment (EEE), such as digital cameras, dryers, fridges, kettles, electrical components, computers, televisions, tablets, and washing machines. E-waste management is a process that refurbish, reuse, resale, and recycle discarded electrical and electronic waste to minimize its adverse impact on environment. It assists in protecting human and environmental health, minimizing waste materials, saving landfill space, reducing pollution, carbon footprint, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and preventing natural resources from depletion. As a result, e-waste management services are gaining traction across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global E-Waste Management Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding electronics industry across the globe. This can also be attributed to various product innovations that have escalated the demand for electronic devices, thereby increasing the disposal of old electronics. In addition, the rising environmental consciousness among consumers due to the harmful impact of growing waste volume and consequent adverse health hazards represent another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, there has been a scarcity of precious metals, such as gold, platinum, silver, and indium, which is facilitating the need for e-waste management for manufacturing new devices from these recycled components. This, coupled with the implementation of several government initiatives to increase awareness regarding the proper disposal of e-wastes, is positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 117.3 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.10% during the forecast (2022-2027).
- Based on the material type, the market has been classified into metal, plastic, glass, and others.
- On the basis of the source type, the market has been segmented into consumer electronics and industrial electronics and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into trashed and recycled.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Aurubis AG, Boliden AB, Desco Electronic Recyclers CC, Electronic Recyclers International Inc., MBA Polymers Inc., Sembcorp Industries, Sims Lifecycle Services Inc., Stena Metall AB, Tetronics Technologies Ltd., Umicore N.V., Veolia Environnement S.A., and WM Intellectual Property Holdings LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800