According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Edible Animal Fat Market by Type (Butter, Lard, Tallow, and Others), Source (Cattle, Pig, and Others), End User (Food-Industry, Non-Food Industry), and Region 2023-2028,” the global edible animal fat market size reached US$ 51.8 Billion in 2022. Edible animal fat refers to lipids derived from animals that are safe and healthy for human consumption. It is composed of fatty acids, glycerol, and vitamins A, D, E, and K. It remains solid at room temperature due to its high proportion of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. It has a high smoke point, which makes it suitable for high-heat cooking methods like frying and sautéing. It helps increase satiety, reduce overeating, and support weight management. It improves the texture and flavor of various dishes and aids in enhancing the overall gastronomic experience. Besides this, some animal fats are used in nutritional supplements, on account of their high content of essential vitamins.
Global Edible Animal Fat Market Trends:
The rising health consciousness among individuals is escalating the demand for natural, organic, and less-processed food products, including natural sources of fats obtained from animals. Additionally, the growing popularity of ketogenic and other high-fat, low-carb diets is catalyzing the demand for edible animal fats. Apart from this, many chefs and home cooks are re-embracing traditional cooking methods and ingredients and increasingly using animal fats in cooking and baking, which is offering a favorable market outlook. Furthermore, inflating disposable income levels of individuals and the rising consumption of processed foods and meat products are driving the demand for edible animal fats. Moreover, the rise of gourmet and fine dining experiences is contributing to the growth of the edible animal fats market as they are used for their unique flavors and textures. Moreover, the drive for zero-waste and circular economy models in food production is promoting the utilization of edible animal fats, which is propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 68.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into butter, lard, tallow, and others. Butter currently holds the largest market share.
- Based on the source, the market has been classified into cattle, pig, and others. At present, cattle account for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end user, the food industry dominates the market followed by non-food industry.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Baker Commodities Inc., Cargill Inc., Colyer Fehr Group, Piermen B.V., Saria Limited, and Ten Kate Holding B.V.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Butter, Lard, Tallow, Others
||Cattle, Pig, Others
|End Users Covered
||Food-Industry, Non-Food Industry
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Baker Commodities Inc., Cargill Inc., Colyer Fehr Group, Piermen B.V., Saria Limited, Ten Kate Holding B.V., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800