According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Edible Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global edible packaging market reached a value of US$ 855.9 Million in 2021. Edible packaging is mainly prepared from natural and plant-based materials that can be easily consumed by individuals. It is generally tasteless so as not to be detected during the consumption of edible food products. Some of the commonly used edible packaging films comprise probiotics and milk proteins that aid in providing oxygen barrier to the food items, thus preventing the growth of microorganisms due to the presence of essential nutrients. The demand for edible packaging solutions is increasing across the globe on account of the rising adoption of innovative packaging solutions by leading players.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Edible Packaging Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing focus on sustainable development. This has encouraged several major players to heavily invest in the adoption of edible packaging solutions. Since traditional packaging is harmful to the environment in terms of decomposition and its manufacturing requirements, there has been a significant increase in the utilization of edible packaging solutions across the globe. Moreover, the increasing consumption of processed food products due to the changing dietary patterns of individuals is impacting the market growth favorably. Additionally, continual technological advancements in the packaging processes in order to protect the food from contamination are creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including continual improvements in the food and beverage industry and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,220.4 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.18% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been segregated into lipids, polysaccharides, proteins, surfactants and others.
- Based on the source, the market has been segmented into plants and animals.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Devro plc, Glanbia plc, Ingredion Incorporated, JRF Technology LLC, MonoSol LLC (Kuraray Co. Ltd.), Nagase & Co. Ltd., Notpla Limited, Safetraces Inc., Tate & Lyle Plc and TIPA Corp Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800