According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "EEG and EMG Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global EEG and EMG equipment market size reached US$ 1,000.0 Million in 2022. An electroencephalogram (EEG) equipment refers to a machine used for tracking the electrical activity of the brain by placing electrodes on the scalp. It comprises cables that connect various electrodes to a signal amplifier, speaker, oscilloscope, and recorder for gathering the data. It is utilized in diagnosing conditions, such as epilepsy, seizures, head injuries, brain fog, dizziness, headaches, brain tumors, and sleeping disorders. On the other hand, electromyography (EMG) equipment is a device that records the electrical impulses generated by muscle activity. It involves inserting sterile pins with a microscopic electrode on the tip of specific muscles on the back and limbs of the patient. It is often paired with a nerve conduction velocity test (NCV), which is primarily required for understanding the functionality of the nervous system. It is also used in the evaluation of carpal tunnel syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, radiculopathy, and other nerve-related complications. It helps in examining the cause behind numbness, tingling, pain, weakness, fatigue, and muscle cramping.
Global EEG and EMG Equipment Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for EEG and EMG equipment due to the rising occurrence of various neurological diseases represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the growing construction of hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics to provide quality healthcare facilities to patients, along with various advancements made in medical care to conduct a spontaneous and accurate diagnosis of critical illnesses, is offering a favorable market outlook. In addition, the rising utilization of minimally invasive (MI) testing and surgical procedures to reduce scarring and lower the cost and duration of hospital stays is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the increasing demand for EEG equipment in various research institutes to examine the functionalities of the central nervous system (CNS) is contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, the escalating demand for EEG and EMG equipment on account of the rising geriatric population around the world is bolstering the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,520.0 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into electroencephalography and electromyography. According to the report, electroencephalography represented the largest segment.
- Based on the modality, the market has been classified into standalone and portable. At present, standalone holds the largest share in the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into hospitals and clinics, diagnostic centers, research institutes, and others. Presently, hospitals and clinics exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Allengers Medical Systems Limited, Cadwell Industries Inc., Compumedics Limited (D & DJ Burton Holdings Pty Ltd.), Electrical Geodesics Inc. (MagstimEGI), General Electric Company, Masimo Corporation, Medtronic Plc, Natus Medical Incorporated, Nihon Kohden Corporation, and Zynex Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Modality, Application, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Allengers Medical Systems Limited, Cadwell Industries Inc., Compumedics Limited (D & DJ Burton Holdings Pty Ltd.), Electrical Geodesics Inc. (MagstimEGI), General Electric Company, Masimo Corporation, Medtronic Plc, Natus Medical Incorporated, Nihon Kohden Corporation and Zynex Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800