The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Electric Blankets Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global electric blankets market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Electric blankets consist of electric heating wires and control units that allow users to adjust the temperature of the blanket. They are used to pre-heat the bed and keep individuals warm and cozy, especially during winters. Electric blankets are generally manufactured from wool, cotton, polyester, or acrylic materials with an integrated wiring system. They are essentially used across countries with long and harsh winters, especially in the polar or temperate regions. Nowadays, electric blankets are available in the form of over blankets, under blankets, and electric pods. In recent years, they have gained preference due to their affordability, ease of use, and maximum comfort, allowing consumers to access multiple heat adjustment settings.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Electric Blankets Market Trends:
The global electric blankets market is primarily driven by improving living standards and inflating incomes. As a result, consumers have become inclined toward luxurious, comfortable and premium bedding items, such as electric blankets. Besides this, there has been an increasing demand for electric blankets as they help relieve individuals suffering from pain-related ailments during low temperatures. Electric blankets are also comparatively less expensive than heaters and thus preferred over them. In addition to this, manufacturers are developing waterproof, stain-resistant, battery-powered, lightweight, and mobile chargeable variants of electric blankets. Moreover, several companies are producing well-insulated sheets lined with thick fleece to provide natural insulation and warmth. For instance, Medisana HDW designed a blanket made from microfiber fleece, which is machine washable and equipped with four levels of heat setting for better control. The introduction of these products is significantly providing a positive impact on the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into electric under blankets and electric over blankets.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been classified into single, double, and king size.
- The market has been categorized based on the material into wool, cotton, polyester, acrylic, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into commercial (hotels, hospitals, and others) and residential.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Argos Limited (J Sainsbury Plc), Beurer GmbH, Biddeford Blankets LLC (Microlife Corporation), CDB Goldair, Glen Dimplex Group, MAXSA Innovations LLC, Morphy Richards Limited, Shavel Associates Inc., Silentnight Group Limited, Slumberdown Group Limited (John Cotton Group Limited), and Sunbeam Products Inc. (Newell Brands Inc).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800