IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Electric Wheelchair Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global electric wheelchair market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.66% during 2022-2027. Electric wheelchairs, also known as motorized wheelchairs, are mobility devices propelled by electric motors or batteries instead of manual power. They are typically operated using joysticks or switches that enable individuals to control the movement and acceleration better. They generally have two components, namely the power base for mobility and the seating system for postural support. The base includes motors, batteries, wheels, brakes, and wiring harnesses beneath the seat, whereas the seating system comprises headrests, backrests, and cushions. They are widely used by individuals with medical conditions and difficulty in walking or operating manual wheelchairs. As a result, electric wheelchairs have gained immense popularity due to their enhanced maneuverability, convenience, and compact size.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Electric Wheelchair Market Trends:
Electric wheelchairs facilitate the safe and comfortable movement of individuals indoors and outdoors on rough and smooth surfaces, such as grass and gravel. Due to this, there has been escalating demand for electric wheelchairs with the rising incidences of neurological and orthopedic conditions. Besides this, the aging population that is more susceptible to developing such medical ailments and mobility problems is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, electric wheelchairs are rapidly gaining traction over their traditional counterparts as they help manage posture, relieve pressure, and minimize dependency on others. In line with this, the surging hospitalization rates due to the widespread prevalence of chronic diseases and the recent outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) have catalyzed the demand for electric wheelchairs. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are focusing on launching innovative product variants like electric wheelchairs that can be controlled by voluntary movements, such as breath actuation, lower extremity control, and tongue or head movement. They are also introducing wheelchairs with enhanced design and ergonomics to offer additional support and comfort to patients, which has propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the development of sensor-based self-driving electric wheelchairs, rising road accidents, inflating consumer expenditure capacities, technological advancements, and surging investments in research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into front wheel drive, center wheel drive, rear wheel drive, and standing electric wheelchair.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been bifurcated into pediatric and adult.
- The market has been divided based on the end user into hospitals and clinics, home-users, sport conditioning, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare (Medical Depot Inc.), GF Health Products Inc., Invacare Corporation, Karman Healthcare Inc., LEVO AG (Dane Technologies Inc.), MEYRA GmbH, Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA, Permobil AB, Pride Mobility Products Corporation, and Sunrise Medical (US) LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800