The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Electrical Enclosure Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global electrical enclosure market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7% during 2022-2027. An electric enclosure is a cabinet or box that is used to store and protect electrical or electronic equipment from electromagnetic or radio frequency interference. It is usually made from steel, aluminum or rigid plastics to protect against hazardous, non-hazardous, and other specific environmental conditions. Electrical enclosures are widely utilized across the residential, industrial and commercial sectors to shield transformers, power generators and telecommunication devices. They also enclose other components, such as panel boards, circuit breakers, knobs, switches and display monitors, to help prevent accidental electric shocks and add to the aesthetic value of the space.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Electrical Enclosure Market Trends:
The increasing need for uninterrupted electricity supply across the globe represents the primary factor driving the market growth. The rapid industrialization and the rising trend of automation across various industries have also escalated the demand for electrical enclosures globally. Besides this, with the altering climate conditions and improving living standards of consumers, there has been a rise in the uptake of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, which is providing a positive thrust to the market. Furthermore, an increase in the energy demand due to population growth and the growing preference for smart grids, governments of various countries have implemented stringent regulations to upgrade the existing transmission and distribution infrastructure. Thus, mandating the installation of electrical enclosures across the residential and commercial sectors by governments is further contributing to their sales. Moreover, the growing preference for smart or connected cities, rising adoption rates of renewable energy resources across several power stations, increasing penetration of green energy and the advent of the internet of things (IoT)-enabled industrial enclosures are some of the other factors impelling the market growth.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into junction, disconnect, operator interface, environment and climate control, and push-button enclosures.
- Based on the material type, the market has been bifurcated into metallic and non-metallic enclosures.
- On the basis of the mounting type, the market has been categorized into wall-mounted enclosures, floor-mounted/free-standing enclosures and underground.
- The market has been classified based on the form factor into small, compact and full-size.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into drip-tight, hazardous environment, flame/explosion proof, dust-tight and others.
- The market has been segmented based on the design into standard and custom types.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into power generation, transmission and distribution and other electrical equipment.
- On the geographical front, the market has been categorized into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Schneider Electric SE, ABB Group, Eaton Corporation, Adalet, Emerson Electric Co., Pentair Plc, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Allied Moulded Products, Inc., AZZ Incorporated, Fibox Oy Ab, General Electric Company, Legrand SA, Hubbell Incorporated, Socomec Group, and Rittal GmbH & Co. KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal