As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Electronic Medical Records Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2024-2032," the global electronic medical records market size reached US$ 33.6 Billion in 2023. Electronic medical records (EMRs) provide a streamlined and efficient approach to managing patient information. An EMR is a digital version of a patient's paper medical records, containing comprehensive details about their medical history, diagnoses, treatments, medications, and laboratory results. These records are created through a process known as medical data entry, where healthcare professionals input relevant information into a secure electronic database. EMRs offer numerous advantages, including enhanced accessibility, improved patient care coordination, and increased efficiency in healthcare workflows. They enable authorized healthcare providers to access patient information in real time, facilitating faster and more accurate diagnoses, as well as informed treatment decisions. Additionally, EMRs eliminate the need for physical storage space, reducing costs and allowing for easy scalability. Currently, there are two main types of EMRs: web-based and client-server. Web-based EMRs are hosted on external servers and accessed via the internet, offering flexibility and accessibility from any location. On the other hand, client-server EMRs are installed on local servers within healthcare facilities, providing greater control and customization options.
Global Electronic Medical Records Market Trends:
The global electronic medical records market is driven by the increasing need for digitization and efficient management of healthcare records. Moreover, the rising focus on improving healthcare quality and patient outcomes has fueled the adoption of EMRs, as they enable seamless sharing and collaboration among healthcare providers, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, government initiatives and regulations promoting the implementation of EMRs, the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, and the subsequent need for integrated healthcare systems are providing a boost to the market growth. Besides this, the increasing adoption of cloud-based EMRs due to their cost-effectiveness, scalability, and remote accessibility is boosting the market growth. Furthermore, the proliferation of mobile devices and advancements in mobile healthcare technologies are strengthening the market growth. In line with this, rising investments in healthcare IT infrastructure by public and private sectors and the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies in EMRs to enhance clinical decision support, predictive analytics, and personalized medicine are propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 49.4 Billion by 2032, expanding at a CAGR of 4.37% during 2024-2032.
- By the type, the market has been classified into traditional, speech enabled, interoperable, and other EMRs.
- Based on the component, the market has been segregated into hardware, software, and services.
- On the basis of the functionality, the market has been bifurcated into basic and fully functional systems.
- Based on the deployment type, the market is divided into cloud-based and on-premises.
- By the application, the market is segmented into specialty based (cardiology, neurology, radiology, oncology, and others) and general applications.
- Based on the end user, the market is subdivided into hospitals and clinics, specialty centers, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being AdvancedMD Inc. (Global Payments Inc.), Veradigm LLC, Oracle Corporation, CureMD Healthcare, eClinicalWorks, Epic Systems Corporation, General Electric Company, Greenway Health LLC, McKesson Corporation, Modernizing Medicine Inc., Nextgen Healthcare Inc., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Component, Functionality, Deployment Type, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AdvancedMD Inc. (Global Payments Inc.), Veradigm LLC, Oracle Corporation, CureMD Healthcare, eClinicalWorks, Epic Systems Corporation, General Electric Company, Greenway Health LLC, McKesson Corporation, Modernizing Medicine Inc. and Nextgen Healthcare Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800