According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Electronic Nose Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global electronic nose market reached a size of US$ 18.73 Million in 2021. An electronic nose is a smart sensing device that uses an array of sensors to identify an odor and analyze its chemical components. Some of these sensors include metal oxide semiconductors, conducting polymers, pellistors, fiber optics, and field-effect gas sensors. It also consists of various systems, such as sample delivery, detection, and computing. An electronic nose is widely used in raw material inspection, odor detection, sprinkling process management, and quality signing. As compared to the human nose, the electronic nose is more sensitive, capable of detecting odorless compounds, and can be employed in detecting toxic and hazardous substances.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Electronic Nose Market Trends:
The increasing product utilization in the food and beverage (F&B) industry is one of the key factors driving the market growth. The electronic nose is widely used for process monitoring, quality control, shelf-life investigation, freshness evaluation, authenticity assessment, and species identification in fruit and vegetable testing. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in the healthcare industry for identifying harmful bacteria, detecting viral infections, monitoring health, and diagnosing disorders, such as diabetes, kidney problem, and liver disease, is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of machine learning (ML) methods in feature extraction, modeling, and gas sensor drift compensation of electronic nose to increase performance, strengthen capability, enhance prediction accuracy, and improve stability is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the widespread product adoption in the agriculture industry for improving crop production, identifying different plant growth stages, selecting commercially cultivable plants, and detecting pre- and post-harvest diseases is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, increasing employment of electronic noses in environmental monitoring to identify volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in water, air, and soil samples is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the widespread product adoption in military applications for the detection of drugs and explosives, the increasing demand for electronics in the pharmaceutical industry to identify contamination, and the rising product adoption in scientific research, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 36.18 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.30% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into embedded sensors and portable devices.
- Based on technology type, the market has been classified into metal-oxide semiconductor sensors (MOS), quartz crystal microbalance (QCM), conducting polymers (CP), and others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been categorized into military and defense, healthcare, food and beverage, waste management (environmental monitoring), and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.?
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Aernos Inc., AIRSENSE Analytics GmbH, Alpha Mos, Chromatotec Inc., Comon Invent B.V., Electronic Sensor Technology Inc., Envirosuite Limited, Odotech Inc., Plasmion GmbH, Sensigent, Stratuscent Inc. and the eNose Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800