According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Electronic Skin Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global electronic skin market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Electronic skin refers to an artificial smart skin that comprises a stretchable network of sensors and flexible electronics. It is widely utilized to replicate the functioning of human or animal skin in intelligent robots, biometric prosthetics, and others. These skins can efficiently sense heat, pressure and temperature via their tactile, chemical, and electrophysiological sensors, actuators, processors as well as communication units. They also assist in monitoring the vital signs of the human body with little or no discomfort to the users. As a result, they are widely utilized for manufacturing fitness bands, smartwatches, humanoids, artificial prosthetics and biomedical instrumentation.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Electronic Skin Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by a considerable rise in the adoption of electronic wearable devices among the masses. Along with this, continual advancements in robotics and prosthetics are also creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the increasing utilization of electronic skins for continual monitoring of body temperature, electrolyte balance, tissue pressure, disease-related biomarkers and body motion in real-time as a part of regular check-ups. Continual improvements across the healthcare sector are consequently creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, numerous key players have heavily invested in the development of 3D printed and artificial intelligence (AI)-equipped lightning and sweating electronic skins in the market, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. They are also engaging in extensive research and development (R&D) activities in an attempt to introduce electronic skins with sustainable materials. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include inflating disposable income levels of the masses and R&D in the field of artificial skin generation. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 18.5% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into electronic skinsuits and electronic patches.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been classified into stretchable circuits, photovoltaics systems, stretchable conductors, and electroactive polymers.
- Based on the sensor, the market has been categorized into tactile sensors, chemical sensors, electrophysiological sensors, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into health monitoring systems, drug delivery systems and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Bloomlife, GENTAG Inc, Holst Center, iRhythm Technologies Inc, MC10, Quad Industries, Rotex Global LLC (Hillenbrand Inc.), VivaLnk Inc, Xenoma Inc and Xsensio.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal