According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Emergency Food Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global emergency food market size reached US$ 7.4 Billion in 2022. Emergency food is specifically stored or prepared to be used during times of crisis or emergencies, which include natural disasters, power outages, economic hardships, or any other circumstances wherein access to regular food sources is limited or disrupted. It is non-perishable and has a long shelf life, which makes it suitable for extended storage. It comprises canned goods, freeze-dried meals, energy bars, and other food items that can sustain individuals or families during challenging times.
Global Emergency Food Market Trends:
The increasing number of environmental events, such as earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, and wildfires, which can disrupt regular food supply chains represents one of the major factors driving the need for emergency food around the world. Moreover, initiatives undertaken by governing authorities of numerous countries to provide basic necessities to people during emergencies, including economic unrest or terrorist attacks, are favoring the growth of the market. In addition, the rising awareness among individuals about emergency preparedness is impelling the market growth. Apart from this, the growing adoption of emergency food products among armed forces that are posted in battle zones with low access to food and water is influencing the market positively. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 11.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into non-perishable pasteurized milk, ready to eat meals, protein or fruit bars, dry cereals or granola, peanut butter, dried fruits, canned juice, and infant food. At present, non-perishable pasteurized milk dominates the market.
- On the basis of the sales channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into civil and military.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Conagra Brands Inc., Del Monte Foods Inc. (Del Monte Pacific Ltd.), General Mills Inc., Lotte Corporation, Nestlé S.A., PepsiCo Inc., Princes Group (Mitsubishi Corporation), SOS Food Lab LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, The Kellogg Company, and The Kraft Heinz Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Sales Channel, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Conagra Brands Inc., Del Monte Foods Inc. (Del Monte Pacific Ltd.), General Mills Inc., Lotte Corporation, Nestlé S.A., PepsiCo Inc., Princes Group (Mitsubishi Corporation), SOS Food Lab LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, The Kellogg Company and The Kraft Heinz Company.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800