According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Emulsifiers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global emulsifiers market is currently witnessing strong growth. Emulsifiers are surfactants that consist of hydrophilic and hydrophobic ends. These molecules act as a border between two immiscible liquids, thus further allowing them to become finely dispersed to create a stable and smooth emulsion. They act as a surface-active agent that lowers the surface tension between the liquid components. Commonly derived from plant, animal and synthetic sources, they are widely used as additives in the preparation of numerous food products and processed items, such as mayonnaise and ice creams, to attribute a smooth texture, prevent separation and improve their shelf life. They are also used to minimize the stickiness and control crystallization in certain culinary procedures. Apart from this, they are widely used in the production of various personal care products and pharmaceuticals.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Emulsifiers Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing demand for convenience foods on the global level. This can be attributed to the hectic lifestyles led by the majority of the population, along with the changing dietary preferences and the inflating per capita income levels. Emulsifiers form an indispensable ingredient in the preparation of numerous foods due to their excellent stabilizing properties. They are used to keep bakery products moist and to improve their texture as well as to prevent separation of liquid ingredients and offer improved emulsion in chilled chocolates and dairy foods. Moreover, emulsifiers are widely used in the formulation of various personal care products, such as moisturizers, face creams and bath oils. The shifting preference toward the adoption of organic personal care and cosmetic products is facilitating the demand for bio-based emulsifiers, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. However, synthetic emulsifiers offer high performance when compared with the bio-based variants. As a result, numerous players are heavily investing the research and development (R&D) to improve the overall functionality of natural emulsifiers. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 6.5% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into lactic esters of fatty acids, lecithin, mono and di-glycerides of fatty acid, esters of monoglycerides of fatty acid, polysorbates, polyglycerol esters, polyglycerol polyricinoleate and others.
- Based on the source, the market has been bifurcated into bio-based and synthetic.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into food and beverages, cosmetics and personal care products, oilfield chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, Cargill, Incorporation, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Evonik Industries AG, Kerry Group, Palsgaard A/S, Puratos, Spartan Chemical Company, Inc., Stepan Company, Dow Chemical Company, and The Lubrizol Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800