According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Endometriosis Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global endometriosis market size reached US$ 2.26 Billion in 2022. Endometriosis refers to a medical condition that causes excessive growth of endometrial tissues in various regions outside the uterus, such as the fallopian tube, uterine cavity, and ovaries. Chronic pelvic pain, fatigue, bloating, constipation, infertility, and discomfort during urination are some of the common symptoms. It is diagnosed through physical examinations of the pelvic region and various imaging tests, such as ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Endometriosis is treated using over-the-counter medications, fertility treatments, hormonal therapy, and surgical procedures. These treatments aid in alleviating pain, increasing the chance of pregnancy, minimizing complications, improving the overall quality of life, and managing various symptoms, such as inflammation, nausea, and scarring.
Endometriosis Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of endometriosis due to genetics, hormonal imbalance, retrograde mensuration, immune system dysfunction, and environmental toxins is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. In addition to this, the increasing awareness among the masses regarding early diagnosis of endometriosis to prevent various complications, such as ovarian cysts, adhesion, and bladder dysfunction, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, rising demand for minimally invasive (MI) surgical procedures, such as laparoscopy, which reduces pain and scarring, promote faster recovery, and minimize the risk of infections, blood loss, and surgical complications, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the recent development of non-surgical treatment options, such as ultrasound therapy which utilizes high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) to destroy endometrial tissues at high precision and eliminate the need for medications and hormonal treatments, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, growing initiatives by several governments and international organizations, such as the Endometriosis Association and World Endometrial Society, to increase awareness and improve access to care for women are creating a positive outlook for market growth. Other factors, including rising healthcare expenditure, rapid advancements in diagnostic techniques, and increasing investment in the research and development (R&D) of novel treatment methods, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 3.13 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.40% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of type, the market has been divided into superficial peritoneal lesion, endometrioma, deeply infiltrating endometriosis, and others.
- Based on the diagnosis and treatment, the market has been classified into diagnosis (ultrasound, pelvic exam, laparoscopy, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), hysteroscopy, and sonohysterography) and treatment (hormonal therapy, pain management, and conservative surgery).
- On the basis of end users, the market has been divided into hospitals, homecare, specialty centers, and others. At present, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America is the leading market.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Bayer AG, Debiopharm Group, Gedeon Richter Plc, Kissei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Myovant Sciences GmbH, Sanofi S.A., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Diagnosis and Treatment, End Users, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Bayer AG, Debiopharm Group, Gedeon Richter Plc, Kissei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Myovant Sciences GmbH, Sanofi S.A., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800