According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Energy Drinks Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global energy drinks market size reached US$ 63.0 Billion in 2020. Energy drinks comprise sports drinks, carbonated drinks, beverage concentrates, fruit and vegetable juices, and ready-to-drink beverages. They represent one of the most popular dietary supplements made using stimulants, such as caffeine, sugar, taurine, ginseng, guarana, vitamins, Yohimbe, carnitine, bitter orange, and glucuronolactone. They assist in increasing energy and improving mental alertness and physical performance. As a result, their demand is escalating across the globe, especially among young adults.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Energy Drinks Market Trends:
Due to rapid urbanization, inflating income levels, and the rising consumption of fast food, there is an increase in the prevalence of lifestyle diseases around the world. Consequently, a significant number of individuals are adopting fitness activities, which, in turn, is strengthening the demand for energy drinks. Additionally, the growing health consciousness among people worldwide is positively influencing the sales of functional beverages. This, along with the easy availability of ready-to-drink beverages via online platforms, is impelling the market growth. Moreover, numerous market players are launching product variants made using natural, plant-based ingredients. They are also coming up with energy drinks in exotic flavors to expand their product portfolio. Besides this, they are investing in promotional campaigns like celebrity endorsements through social media platforms to expand their existing consumer base. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 96.2 Billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of around 7.30% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into alcoholic and non-alcoholic energy drinks.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into kids, adults, and teenagers.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Amway Corporation, Arizona Beverage Company, Campbell Soup Company, Bundled, LLC, Metta Beverage Inc., Monster Beverage Corporation, National Beverage Corp., Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc., Red Bull GmbH, Suntory Holdings Limited, and Taisho Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal