According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Enteral Feeding Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global enteral feeding devices market reached a value of US$
3.5 Billion in 2021. Enteral feeding devices are medical tools that deliver essential nutrients directly into the gastrointestinal tract via a feeding tube. This technique is commonly used to feed people who are experiencing inadequate oral food intake due to various chronic illnesses, such as cancer, malnutrition, and gastrointestinal disorders. These devices work as a supplement by enabling consistent and accurate food delivery with a nutritional balance. There are several types of enteral feeding devices available in the market, which include tubes, feeding pumps, internal syringes, consumables, and giving sets. As compared to traditional feeding tubes, silicon-based feeding devices are more flexible and do not cause irritation to the digestive tract.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Enteral Feeding Devices Market Trends:
Some of the major factors driving the market are the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and the rising geriatric population, which is more prone to developing various neurological conditions, such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, and dementia. Moreover, the introduction of home enteral nutrition solutions and innovations, such as low-profile gastrostomy buttons and safety features to make feeding pumps user friendly, are propelling the market growth. Additionally, the rising incidences of preterm births have led to escalating demand for neonatal enteral feeding devices. Besides this, the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has led to the widespread adoption of enteral feeding devices for providing nutritional support to affected patients, which is further catalyzing the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 5.1 Billion by 2027, to grow at a CAGR of
6.4% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into enteral feeding pumps, enteral feeding tubes, giving sets, enteral syringes, consumables, and others.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been bifurcated into adults and pediatrics.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into oncology, gastroenterology, neurology, diabetes, hypermetabolism, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The report has also analyzed the competitive landscape of the market, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Amsino International Inc., B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft (B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG), BD (Becton Dickinson and Company), Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardinal Health Inc., Conmed Corporation, Fresenius Kabi Aktiengesellschaft (Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA) and Moog Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal