According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Epigenetics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global epigenetics market size reached US$ 2.1 Billion in 2022. Epigenetics refers to the study of cellular phenotype that does not include alterations in the underlying DNA sequence. It also refers to the dynamic modifications of the genome that can influence gene activity and function without changing the genetic code itself. Epigenetic modifications are pivotal in regulating gene expression patterns during development, cell differentiation, and in response to environmental stimuli. Epigenetic modifications can occur through various mechanisms, including DNA methylation, histone modifications, and non-coding RNA molecules. DNA methylation involves the addition of a methyl group to the DNA molecule, which can influence gene expression by inhibiting the binding of transcription factors and other regulatory proteins. Histone modifications, such as acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, and ubiquitination, affect the structure and accessibility of DNA, thereby influencing gene activation or repression. Non-coding RNA molecules, such as microRNAs and long non-coding RNAs, can interact with messenger RNA (mRNA) to regulate gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. Epigenetic modifications can be influenced by various factors, including environmental exposures, lifestyle choices, and aging. At present, epigenetics is widely utilized for the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of oncological, autoimmune, metabolic, and cardiovascular disorders.
Global Epigenetics Market Trends:
The rising focus on epigenetic research and its potential applications represents one of the significant factors driving the growth of the market across the globe. This is primarily attributed to the increasing awareness and understanding of epigenetics modifications in various biological processes and diseases among researchers, clinicians, and the public, which is driving the growth of the market. In line with this, the increasing funding for research initiatives is contributing to the growth of the market. The market is also driven by the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and neurological disorders. In addition to this, the increasing need for better diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for these diseases is fueling the demand for epigenetic research and technologies, which, in turn, is driving the growth of the market. Apart from this, the development of advanced tools and technologies for studying epigenetic modifications, such as DNA methylation, histone modification, and non-coding RNAs, is propelling the growth of the market. Moreover, high-throughput sequencing techniques, microarray platforms, and epigenome-editing technologies are improving the efficiency and accuracy of epigenetic analysis, thereby driving the growth of the market. Other factors, including the increased investment in the research and development (R&D) and collaborations between academia and industry, the rising shift toward personalized medicine aiming to tailor treatment strategies based on an individual's molecular profile, and the growing focus on incorporating epigenetic information into drug development and clinical practice, are creating a positive outlook for the market across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 16.2% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into reagents, kits (chip sequencing, whole genomic amplification, bisulfite conversion, RNA sequencing, and other kits), instruments, enzymes, and services. Currently, kits account the largest market share across the globe.
- Based on technology, the market has been classified into DNA methylation, histone methylation, histone acetylation, large non-coding RNA, microRNA modification, and chromatin structures. Presently, DNA methylation holds the largest market share across the globe.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into oncology (solid and liquid tumors) and non-oncology (inflammatory, metabolic, infectious, cardiovascular, and other diseases). Currently, oncology is dominating the market across the globe.
- On a geographical front, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Presently, North America is dominating the market across the world.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Abcam plc, Active Motif Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Diagenode Diagnostics (Hologic Inc), Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer Inc., Roche Holding AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Zymo Research Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Technology, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abcam plc, Active Motif Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Diagenode Diagnostics (Hologic Inc), Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer Inc., Roche Holding AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Zymo Research Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800