The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Epitaxial Wafer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global epitaxial wafer market size reached US$ 2.81 Billion in 2021. An epitaxial wafer, also known as an epi wafer, is a layer of epitaxial silicon deposited on a single crystal silicon wafer. It acts as an elementary building block for semiconductors and is widely used to manufacture several semiconductor components. It also assists in controlling doping profiles that are not achievable through traditional methods like diffusion and ion implantation. Owing to these properties, epitaxial wafers find extensive applications in smartphones, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), gyroscopes, laptops, tablets, and gaming consoles across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Epitaxial Wafer Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for consumer electronics across the globe. Epitaxial wafers are used in various devices to support higher electron mobility and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). In addition, the rising sales of autonomous and electric vehicles (EVs) and self-driving trucks and the expanding automotive sector represent other major growth-inducing factors. Epitaxial wafers are widely utilized in the automotive industry to track and control temperature, pressure, flow, and level through robots. Besides this, key players are integrating the internet of things (IoT) with epitaxial wafers to facilitate their advanced applications. This, coupled with the rising focus on reducing electricity consumption and the growing awareness about green technology among individuals, is also augmenting market growth. Moreover, governments of numerous countries are undertaking various initiatives to promote the usage of light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which is anticipated to propel market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.49 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.60% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into heteroepitaxy and homoepitaxy.
- On the basis of the wafer size, the market has been segregated into 2-4 inches, 5-8 inches, 9-12 inches, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into LED, power semiconductors, MEMS-based devices, and others.
- On the basis of the industry vertical, the market has been classified into consumer electronics, automotive, healthcare, industrial, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Electronics and Materials Corporation Limited, Epistar Corporation, GlobalWafers (Sino-American Silicon), II-VI Incorporated, IntelliEPI, IQE PLC, Jenoptic AG, Nichia Corporation, Showa Denko K. K., Silicon Valley Microelectronics Inc., Siltronic AG (Wacker Chemie AG) and Sumco Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800