The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Extended Reality (XR) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global extended reality (XR) market reached a value of US$ 64.5 Billion in 2022. Extended reality (XR) is the amalgamation of all immersive technologies such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR). It relies on applications, headsets, and smart wearables that extend the reality by generating realistic sounds and images through digital materials. Nowadays, various enterprises are adopting XR for employee recruiting and training purposes. It is used to create a learning experience that is more interactive, engaging, and effective in the long term. Moreover, it is also utilized by established businesses to advertise their products and services while providing a unique experience to users.
Global Extended Reality (XR) Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing number of employees working remotely through the cloud. XR enables employees to visualize the live environment of their offices, attend virtual meetings, and work more efficiently. Besides this, the expanding entertainment industry is also escalating the demand for XR technologies among users to experience live events such as concerts and sports competitions on smartphones remotely. In addition, the increasing number of individuals opting for professional online gaming represents another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, XR is widely utilized in the healthcare industry to improve diagnostic efficiency. For instance, it is employed in modern imaging technologies, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerized tomography (CT) scans, which is creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Furthermore, the growing awareness of the benefits associated with XR is anticipated to expand its applications across retail, defense, transportation, and travel and tourism industries. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 604.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 43.5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the component, the market has been classified into hardware, software, and services.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into consumer and business engagement.
- On the basis of the organization size, the market has been categorized into small and medium-sized, and large enterprises.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR).
- Based on the end user industry, the market has been segregated into education, retail, industrial manufacturing, healthcare, media and entertainment, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Accenture PLC, AugRay LLC, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation (Dassault Systèmes), Qualcomm Incorporated, Semcon, SoftServe Inc., Softweb Solutions Inc. (Avnet Inc.), SphereGen Technologies LLC, Varjo, and VertexPlus Technologies Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Type, Organization Size, Application, End User Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Accenture PLC, AugRay LLC, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation (Dassault Systèmes), Qualcomm Incorporated, Semcon, SoftServe Inc., Softweb Solutions Inc. (Avnet Inc.), SphereGen Technologies LLC, Varjo and VertexPlus Technologies Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800