According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Exterior Sheathing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global exterior sheathing market size reached US$ 7.3 Billion in 2020. Exterior sheathing is used in walls, roofs, and floor assemblies to provide an additional layer of protection against outside elements and prevent water and wind from entering. It is attached to the external framing of different exterior siding materials, such as masonry, wood, veneer, shingles, and stucco. It is currently available in two forms, namely structural sheathing that offers additional strength to the frame structure and non-structural sheathing, which increases the R-value of the building and provides insulation. At present, leading manufacturers are employing advanced sheathing materials to provide rigidity, strength, sheer resistance and form a nailing base for sliding.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Exterior Sheathing Market Trends:
Exterior sheathing produces a relatively lesser amount of carbon emissions than other building materials as it is produced naturally and requires less energy for processing. With the rising environmental concerns and stringent government regulations in numerous countries, end users are shifting their focus towards green building materials to ensure sustainability. This represents one of the primary factors strengthening the growth of the market. Apart from this, rising infrastructural activities due to the growing global population have increased the utilization of exterior sheathing materials like wood fiber panels and foam (insulating materials) in the construction industry. This can also be accredited to their cost-effectiveness and potential to meet the energy code requirements. Furthermore, the development of building technologies, such as the latest installation processes and automated production, along with the manufacturing of water-resistant and wax-treated materials, are positively influencing the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 9.6 Billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the sheathing type, the market has been bifurcated into structural and non-structural exterior sheathing. At present, structural exterior sheathing holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into the oriented-strand board (OSB), plywood, particle board, medium-density fiberboard (MDF), and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into walls, roofs and others. Walls currently account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been categorized into residential, commercial, industrial and institutional applications. Presently, the commercial sector exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the profiles of the leading players in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal